START HERE - lift kit list - Page 25 - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums


Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #241  
Old 03-12-2018, 06:35 AM
blazen_red_4x4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake City, Florida
Posts: 991
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default

"No lift or Torsion Bar tweak & 2" Rear Shackles
31's should fit with minor trimming/reshaping, anything larger needs lift."


I find this to be extremely accurate with my 04. Light torsion bar tweak & lift shackles that mostly just got rid of 200k miles of sag... Running aftermarket 15" wheels that have about 1" wider offset on either side compared to stock, my 31x10.5x15 tires just barely kiss the frame at full lock, had I not have hammered in the bottom of the fender and trimmed the lower valance under the bumper they would rub there for sure, it's close as it is.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 03-12-2018, 11:05 AM
christine_208's Avatar
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 1,053
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default 2" lift and 31" tire fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4 View Post
"No lift or Torsion Bar tweak & 2" Rear Shackles
31's should fit with minor trimming/reshaping, anything larger needs lift."


I find this to be extremely accurate with my 04. Light torsion bar tweak & lift shackles that mostly just got rid of 200k miles of sag... Running aftermarket 15" wheels that have about 1" wider offset on either side compared to stock, my 31x10.5x15 tires just barely kiss the frame at full lock, had I not have hammered in the bottom of the fender and trimmed the lower valance under the bumper they would rub there for sure, it's close as it is.
I complement what Blaze_red_4x4 posted:

My experience was that I had the tire shop install on my stock rims both 31x10.5R15 and 30x9.5R15 tires to test fit them. With no modifications to the body done, the larger of the two tires would rub on the frame-rail before the steering wheel was fully turned to one side or the other. The 30's had no interference problems with with lift. For me I was ok sacrificing 1/2" of height using the smaller tires to keep my modifications to a minimum.

Here's the specifics on my lift: https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...on-lift-95744/
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 03-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ontario canada
Posts: 502
DonL is on a distinguished road
Default

I was reading that the y pipe has to be modified when lift kit are added... Am I safe to assume that on the bigger ones? I'm planing to do the 2.5 lift and I was not planning on the y pipe...
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 03-16-2018, 02:20 AM
newguy's Avatar
BF Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Easthampton, ma.
Posts: 4,153
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonL View Post
I was reading that the y pipe has to be modified when lift kit are added... Am I safe to assume that on the bigger ones? I'm planing to do the 2.5 lift and I was not planning on the y pipe...
Pretty sure nothing has to be done with the Y pipe
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 03-16-2018, 05:44 AM
chevyriders's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 686
chevyriders is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonL View Post
I was reading that the y pipe has to be modified when lift kit are added... Am I safe to assume that on the bigger ones? I'm planing to do the 2.5 lift and I was not planning on the y pipe...
You'll really only have to worry about that around 8-10+ inches of lift
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 03-16-2018, 06:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ontario canada
Posts: 502
DonL is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok thanks... better safe then sorry lol.... don't want to be almost done the job and run out of cash... she's my DD so I do what I can when I can...
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 04-09-2018, 05:56 AM
Beginning Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
Freewheel is on a distinguished road
Default Sits low in the rear with RC 2.5" lift

Hello! Newbie on the forum, i have a 1998 blazer that ive fitted a Rough country 2.5 lift to, with the correct front hub-to-fender height it still sits quite low in the rear! I wonder if it would be possible to do a rear axle flip and use lowering shackles to achieve another inch of lift? Anyone tryed it? Axle tube is about 2.5" springperches roughly 1" which equals 3.5 inches and add the leaf stacks with another 2.5" and you get 6 inches, thats common knowledge.
But, can i use lowering shackles to correct my stance? A 2inch lowering kit for the rear maybe? Or will there be terrible rake ayway...
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 AM
christine_208's Avatar
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 1,053
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheel View Post
Hello! Newbie on the forum, i have a 1998 blazer that ive fitted a Rough country 2.5 lift to, with the correct front hub-to-fender height it still sits quite low in the rear! I wonder if it would be possible to do a rear axle flip and use lowering shackles to achieve another inch of lift? Anyone tryed it? Axle tube is about 2.5" springperches roughly 1" which equals 3.5 inches and add the leaf stacks with another 2.5" and you get 6 inches, thats common knowledge.
But, can i use lowering shackles to correct my stance? A 2inch lowering kit for the rear maybe? Or will there be terrible rake ayway...
Two quick thoughts:
  • A simpler solution may be to find a pair of longer shackles.
  • If you by chance have a ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride Suspension, then those shocks are designed to pump up to level the ride height. This suspension also used a weaker set of leaf springs when matched with these shocks. I learned all this for my rig and my solution was to install shock mount extensions so to keep the same shocks and avoid needing to install new springs.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 04-09-2018, 12:57 PM
El_Beautor's Avatar
BF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Leduc, Alberta
Posts: 2,081
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough
Default

Before going to an axle flip to level it out, check to see if the springs are worn out. Most likely your springs are saggy. You'd be better off addressing this with new springs, or at least an add-a-leaf.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 04-10-2018, 12:17 AM
Beginning Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
Freewheel is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks guys, yes, i might be the spring thats saggy, previous owner has been hauling a horsebox alot...
I was thinking even longer shackles, but maybe they get much stress if you go seriously off road.? And another bonus if i axle flip, is that i get rid of the damper brackets and u-bolt ends pointing downwards and like to stick on tree stumps😲
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm new on here, but not new to S series trucks... here's my list! Zr2.1 New Member Area 6 04-27-2013 12:32 AM
Suspension lift check list 91s10blaze Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain 0 03-20-2013 05:08 PM
Leveling kit vrs Lift kit Jkrumm Lifting Tech 9 02-17-2011 04:35 PM
whats the best lift kit has anyone bought a lift kit online? ericthughes Lifting Tech 6 10-13-2010 10:56 PM
Lift Kit List a_tack Suspension Tech 0 01-15-2008 09:28 AM


Tags
4wd, 4x4, 6, 84, 95, 96, axle, blazer, cheapest, chevy, conversion, inch, kit, lift, lower, s10, spring

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.