Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Starting my lift today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Starting my lift today!

Alright, starting my 2 inch body lift. I got the front pieces off already, and I am working on the lines, etc as per DIY Body Lift on this very site.

My buddy is stoping over today to drop off my tires and rims, annnnnddddd lend me a hand. Have to say, having power air tools to do this job makes life a lot easier!!!

I will post the progress and results with pictures later!!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Starting my lift today!

Glad the directions told about the two mounts on top of the frame right over the rear diff... yea... of coarse, now only the two mounts I cant break!

Old 02-07-2009, 02:43 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Hahah yes...I didnt remember to get those...so I went to jack up the body thinking I had all the mounts loose....annnnd the whole truck started to move [:@]

Post up some progress pics

Old 02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Starting Member

Haha same here. The front was up enough to fit the spacers and the back didnt even move - I did'nt even notice it until I was doing my check to make sure I was not stretching any line when I found these and said .. what are these?.. wait, the kit comes with 12 spacers.. ahhhh!!!

Did get them loose though! I am calling it a night as tomorrow we are having 50 degree weather! Hopefully the driveway will dry out so I am not soaked from all the melting snow [:-]

Anyways, I will get some pictures and post them up, truck looks great (well one side! hehe)

Oh and my buddy droped off the tires.. I was mistaken, they are 31s!

I'll post some pics up in a few..

[IMG]local://upfiles/14065/262A58B302F3428C8611B9F1F5CFE35E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14065/1E62A9409A68446C853FA691D3A8E958.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14065/38F07E4C67774913A61A65A5DA6D13C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

I like those wheels&tires. Definitely post some pics once ya get it all done.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:47 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Looks good so far

Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Starting Member

Thank ya guys! Well its day two and I will be finishing this beast off today and will post picks, everyone including me is excited to see how this comes out.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

lol half a body lift FTW!! haha....cant wait to see it finished. I really like those wheels and tires...what kind are they?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Starting Member

Thanks! I believe they are American Racing rims, tires are Baja ... something ... lol I am at work right now so I sorta lost my thought there I'll get the specs later.

Well, yesterday was fun. Let me ask you guys who did body lifts-

Did you have to extend your neg battery cable after the lift? I made my own cable using some parts at Autozone until I do the Big 3 mod anyways. Also, I know that the directions called for unbolting the mount (passenger side) on the oil pan for the (this looks more to be tranny cooling lines then oil cooler, but hey whatever) inwhich I did - but they still have not that much slack and did move the radiator back - I did mount the radiator back into its position, but anyone have any insight on that as well?

I continued working until I ran into a problem, well, I don't have my drill! So I was attempting to install the front bumper until I realized that, so I went into work early today so I can leave early and try to finish this project. Unfortunately, working in the cold got to me and I am getting sick, so the sooner the better to be done with the mod! [:-]

Thanks!
-Jon

Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont forget I`m only a town away prob a couple of streets,,, My work hours are kinda weird, but if ya need a hand with sumthin email pri your address or a cell # and i`ll help if i can email me at chefordolet@hotmail.com I can check from work to get your response..

Quick Reply: Starting my lift today!