Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Starting my lift today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default RE: Starting my lift today!

Hey thanks man I will def look you up when I need a hand! Looks like ths project is getting pushed to next weekend now, I got a good kick in the *** of getting sick with working outside, figures. Another question for the 4 door people - what did you do when mounted the bumper? The DIY states to cut the bumper, the body lift kit says to cut the frame, but there is one piece of the puzzle in both cases, neither has a cross member connecting the drivers frame rail to the pass frame rail. In order for me to install the bumper, I have to literally cut a huuuuge part out (which negates the DIY which now I think was done on a 2 door where the spare is mounted on the rear so the spare tire assem is not needed so neither is that cross member) I contacted BSD about it and they need pictures, etc, cuz they never saw that before. But hell I see a lot of 4 doors here with lifts, what's the secret? And btw what did you use to cut the frame or bumper?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You should never cut the frame if it can at all be avoided!

Just notch the bumper. I can get you a pic of what has to be cut.

I repeat... DO NOT CUT THE FRAME.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Thanks Wolfpack - when the directions said cut the frame that even scared me. Nevvvvver a good idea at all. If you have a picture of where to cut that would be awesome!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

im not sure what you are talking about with the bumper. It mounts to the frame rails. not a cross member

Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yea but the end of the frame at the back end is a lateral cross member that joins the two frame rails. Did you not have to cut your bumper nvanzee?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM

isnt it like 8in in though. It doesnt seem like it would be a problem. I have not installed my rear bumper yet. since i got in an accident and bent the end of the frame rail slightly

Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran

Nope. Its right at the end...at least on the 4-doors..I think 2-doors are the same though... Uploading pics of the notch real quick.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 PM

o i guess the 2dr is different. That is why i currently have a 4x4 post bolted to the back of mine. sorry not a very good pic

http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=100_1747.jpg

Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran

Oooo no that shows the difference exactly. So you probably wont need to notch much at all if you have to.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 PM

yeah im going to test fit it this weekend. it looks like i have to cut off the bottom corner of the frame up about an inch

Quick Reply: Starting my lift today!