Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

straight axle swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 PM
s10 blazer dude is an unknown quantity at this point

does any one here know anything a about a straight axle swap for up front, what would be the best axle and differential, and how to do it would be nice, thanks

and thats for a 94 s10 blazer

Last edited by rriddle3; 09-01-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

what kinda truck is this gonna be? when i did mine i used fullsized k5 blazer axles. tires stick out a bit and protect the body alot. i just googled around and stole a few ideas here and there but eventually went with my own design for front leaf spring hangers

Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 AM

id just like to use it for evrything wheelin truck and daily driver ,, i talked to a guy he said he used axles out of a isuzu rodeo and a jeep wagoneer, but i dont wanna go out and buy parts of two different kinds of trucks, he said the k5 axles wouldnt work but now seein that you used em i dont know if i trust this other guys knowledge, how much lift did they get you?, is there any site or anything that anyone has made instructions for the easiest way to do this, can i use my transfer case thats in there

Old 09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I know this is a little off topic, but you had a badass truck right there.... use it

Old 09-01-2009, 02:23 PM

so if i used k5 axles, i would need all the leaf springs from the k5, i would need to buy hangers for the leafs up front, what would i do for the steering,to me that seems liek its going to be the hardest or at least a little confusing

Old 09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

A Dana 44 sould line up with your transfer case, or so i've been told. If all goes as planed, my friend and I are going to do a solid axle swap on my jimmy.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:32 PM

yea ive been looking on some websites and most guys hae used d44's,

Old 09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The older K5s have a passenger side drop for the transfer case while all s-series trucks are driver side drop. A D44 from a K5 will not work without significant rework.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 PM

what t-case is in the s, series, can it be switched with another t-case to the passenger side,

Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Can I make a stout suggestion? What if you took a newer body style and mounted it on top of a K5 frame?
would make the lift cheaper... but idk about in the long run

Quick Reply: straight axle swap