Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Suspension lift kits for 1999 2dr LS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:46 AM
JLower is on a distinguished road
Default Suspension lift kits for 1999 2dr LS?

I've been looking around for one and found a couple but I really don't know what I should get. If you guys could help me out with that and suggest somethings for me, I'd really appreciate it. Preferably around 4-5 inches both in front and rear.

Last edited by JLower; 04-17-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by JLower
I've been looking around for one and found a couple but I really don't know what I should get. If you guys could help me out with that and suggest somethings for me, I'd really appreciate it. Preferably around 4-5 inches both in front and rear.
What are you trying to achieve? Do you want a combo lift (body and suspension) or just one ifs lift (suspension)? What kind of money are you looking to spend? Answer these and we can best help you find a lift kit.

I mean there are several ways to go.

SAS
Body lift + small ifs lift
IFS lift only
shackles in the back vs add a leaf
etc...

Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 AM

Off roading capabilities. It sits too low for my liking right now. I'm willing to spend around $800 to get a fairly nice one. I don't know too much about cars, I'm learning with a couple of my buddies and they go out to dunes so I wanna tag along with them

Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Default .

Off roading capabilities. It sits too low for my liking right now. I'm willing to spend around $800 to get a fairly nice one. I don't know too much about cars, I'm learning with a couple of my buddies and they go out to dunes so I wanna tag along with them
Okay, if it were me, I'd go with a 2 inch body lift and the rough country 2.5 inch suspension lift. It'll get ya right in between what ya want, 4-5 inches of lift. You'll have no problem fitting 31s after this and with some trimming, 32s will fit.

The reason I say get these two lifts is the 5 inch lift costs twice what you want to spend. It would cost you around $1600-$1700. If you go with the 2 lifts above, you can literally cut this cost in half to around what you are willing to spend.

The rc 2.5 inch ifs lift is $429.95
The pa 2 inch body lift is $260 depending on where you get it from
*You may find a cheaper body lift somewhere else, but I know performance accessories body lifts are built right*
*Also, check Craigslist from time to time. People sell lift kits on there for cheap sometimes. Got my body lift off craigslist for less than $100.*

Total = About $700

Last edited by tibby; 04-17-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 AM

Thank you!
I'll have to look into this a little bit more.
One more last thing, reliable brand names, know any?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Default .

Thank you!
I'll have to look into this a little bit more.
One more last thing, reliable brand names, know any?
The consensus around here for a reliable body lift is a company called performance accessories. For 2nd gen, there is only a 2 inch lift available. But you can use a 3 inch lift made for the 1st gen on the 2nd gen with a major issue in mind. You are going to have to make custom bumper brackets. And also hope all your wiring can stretch that far. You might have to make steering adjustments also. The safe bet is to just go with the 2 inch lift that is made for the 2nd gen.

As far as the suspension lift, there are a few reliable companies. Rough country makes the 2.5 inch lift, Trailmaster makes a 5 inch lift, and finally Superlift makes a 2 inch lift and 6 inch lift.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM
EricR is on a distinguished road

I just got the RC 2.5 inch installed (Chevy / GMC Suspension Lift) it is a good price and in your range (5+ Inches will probably cost around 1200+ just for the kit), if you don't put it on yourself it will cost a lot of money though. I couldn't because I'm not in country and it cost me $1200 because of a lot of rust.

It does make the truck look nice and if you look at my post (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...-lifted-70072/) it gives plenty of ground clearance. It also allows up to 31 inch tires which will give you some more lift. I'm not sure how it feels yet but I have been told it is a pretty good brand.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM

Can someone explain to me how to lift the front end up?
And not just by cranking the T-Bars.