Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

tbar crank and shackles

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't overdue the Tbars it's not much of a problem. If you over crank them in about a years time(or less) you will be kicking yourself in the rear because new front end parts are pricey, twice as much if you can't do it yourself.

Bandido I'd recommend not getting 10" wide wheels for your 31's because they will not be as tall as on your 8" wide wheels and will also look like ballons and wear funny. Forget about airing down too. If you're looking into new wheels have you checked out the Mickey Thompson Classic II's and Classic Locks? My brother just got a set and man are they ever nice! When the suns shining I make sure to put shades on before walking by his rims

Old 05-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

sooo 1.5 to 2inch is a fine tbar crank with out hard wear and tare? that should just about make it lvl with shackles.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:50 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

1.5" is the safe limit, 2" is pushing it a little.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
1.5" is the safe limit, 2" is pushing it a little.
While 1.5" of lift will likely be easier on the truck than 2", any lift will cause wear. The steeper the angle, the more stress put on the CV's

I'm not sure that one could draw a line and say "safe limit" because even stock angle CV joints can still wear out from stress.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the reason i said "safe limit" is because the 1.5" tb crank seems to be wat most of the lifted guys are running without any major problems, and i agree any crank on the tb's will cause accelerated wear but it seems like 1.5" is a some what happy medium.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Starting Member

ok that sounds good and it doesnt look to bad to be a little high in the back.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

1-1.5" seems to be an okay amount as long as when you are offroading you remember not to stomp on the skinny pedal while your suspension is flexed and/or turning sharply.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Swain
1-1.5" seems to be an okay amount as long as when you are offroading you remember not to stomp on the skinny pedal while your suspension is flexed and/or turning sharply.
Good point... especially for lifted Blazers.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Starting Member
Thumbs up

lol but thats the fun part

Old 06-01-2009, 06:50 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the best lift post we have i think. To get airborne do the following?? 2" body lift, 1-1.5" on your torsion bars, 2" shackles, rubber and wheels (if I am not mistaken 2" shackles only really give you 1.5" of lift??)

What do you think my TB would look like with all that and keep the same rims and tires?

Quick Reply: tbar crank and shackles