Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Torsion Bar Crank

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 AM
95SlS is on a distinguished road
Default Torsion Bar Crank

Hey, im new to this forum and I had a question about doing a torsion bar adjustment on a 95 gmc jimmy sls 4 door 4x4, the front end sits about two inches lower than the rear and i was wondering if i can level it out without completely screwing up my suspension or doing a lift. I have read about the t bar crank in a few places and i was wondering how to do it. I read that it can wear out the bearings more quickly but is there any way i can do this without new shocks (which i just got) or wearing out the bearings? oh and i have to get my alignment done this week anyway so that isnt a problem

Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Old 10-30-2011, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I used this phrase just yesterday I believe so please, don't take offense:

Not to be an a$$,

but if I could post up an icon of beating a dead horse, I would. This has been covered more than any other topic. A simple search would have answered more than any questions you had. And then some.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude. It is just that so many folks ask the same thing over and over and over yet again. A very simple search would provide the answers that new members, and even older members, are looking for.

If/when I join a new forum, I always look through older post for anything that I may wonder about. If there is something specific I want to know, I dig deep before asking.

Just saying...

Old 10-30-2011, 11:34 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AJBert
I used this phrase just yesterday I believe so please, don't take offense:

Not to be an a$$,

but if I could post up an icon of beating a dead horse, I would. This has been covered more than any other topic. A simple search would have answered more than any questions you had. And then some.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude. It is just that so many folks ask the same thing over and over and over yet again. A very simple search would provide the answers that new members, and even older members, are looking for.

If/when I join a new forum, I always look through older post for anything that I may wonder about. If there is something specific I want to know, I dig deep before asking.

Just saying...
Almost everything you could ever need to know about a blazer is on here, so if everyone used the search feature on this site then what would we be here for? just saying... i do agree tho this topic is really easy to find out info about.
but your question about needing new shocks no you wont need them. but if you just got an alignment that might be kinda bad because after doing this you might need another one.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:19 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Just a thought. You say your front end is lower than the rear? Your t-bars may be sagging or lower than stock. So if I were you I would check your trim levels against stock specs to see if it is lower than it is supposed to be. If it is lower, than you can return them to where they should be without fear of extra wear on your front end parts.

You may have to search around to find how to measure the trim levels and what they should be. Swartlkk has a few threads on it.