Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Torsion Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:30 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Torsion Questions

I know there have been alot of threads on this topic, but i want to be 100% sure of what i am doing. I will be doing the crank itself tom. night. I will only be doing a inch untill i get the shackles, but ive looked at the bolts for the torsion bar and one is out alot farther than the other one, should i be worried about that? An i figured 4 turns on each bolt will give me a inch right? Any info i need to know before i start would be great!! Thanks

Old 05-01-2008, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Torsion Questions

Taking all the weight off the front susp helps. You shouldn't need to take the wheels off though, this picutre is just from when i happened to have the wheels off and thought it looked neat.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

My only advice would be to use the longest socket wrench ya got. Those bolts are in there tight, and they can be tough to turn, so a longer armed socket works best

Take pics!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I used a breaker bar to adjust mine.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:58 PM

Yeah ill take some pics, my dad is going to be helping me with it, but he still doesnt like the idea of me doing it, hes really worried about me like breaking the bolt or something like that. Should i just wait till i get my shackles? i only want to raise it a inch.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Matt, leavin' your new nuts on the floor already?? LOL

You will definitely want to take the weight off. And to explain the reason why one bolt is in further than the other, you mostlikely are seeing a sagging torsion bar. To compensate, someone has tightened in the bolt to level the front end side to side.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Matt, leavin' your new nuts on the floor already?? LOL

You will definitely want to take the weight off. And to explain the reason why one bolt is in further than the other, you mostlikely are seeing a sagging torsion bar. To compensate, someone has tightened in the bolt to level the front end side to side.
Is that something i should be worried about? Should i replace it before i crank it up

Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

At $400 or so each...Just crank it up. You're not trying to put the bolt all the way in, just torque 'em in the 4 turns that you want to get your 1', and see how it goes. I think you'll be fine

Old 05-01-2008, 07:33 PM

Ok sweet. just being cautious, the father figure is all nervous that im going to break something, or do something that i wont be able to change.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:31 PM

Ok, im upset now. I had my blazer jacked up right hight. tightened the first bolt just fine that was on the left side i got 4 turns on it. Then went over to the left side an discovered that the bolt was so far in that i could not get 4 turns out of it. Any idea why one side is so much farther than the other side,

Quick Reply: Torsion Questions