Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Trailmaster lift NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
tony991 is on a distinguished road
Default Trailmaster lift NEED HELP ASAP!!!

I'm putting the 5" trailmaster lift in my 88' s10 blazer. I just put my front diff. in and on the drivers side, where the cv axle is bolted, theres a hub... That hub is rubbing on the stock lower arm bracket. I know for a fact i'm not sappose to cut that cause the drop bracket has to bolt to that. The diff. doesnt want to twist so it wont rub. And it doesnt look like theres any ajustable holes anywhere... Anyone have a solution for this?

Old 07-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Nevermind I got it lol. Had to dust off the grinder !!! I had to cut behind the stock lower a arm bracket. I didnt notice it on the other frame that the lift kit actually came from.. If anyone has the same problem i did, Let me know, i'll take pictures for you so you won't get as mad as me. lol

Old 07-03-2010, 09:27 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

And a little more info on this build surfaces... Glad to see it's still coming along good. Can't wait to see it done. Still can't believe you got a 5 inch lift and a frame for pretty much free... lol

Old 07-04-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by tony991
Nevermind I got it lol. Had to dust off the grinder !!! I had to cut behind the stock lower a arm bracket. I didnt notice it on the other frame that the lift kit actually came from.. If anyone has the same problem i did, Let me know, i'll take pictures for you so you won't get as mad as me. lol
^^^ NEVERMIND!!! I was talking about something else here I wasn't paying attention to what i wrote before....

If you have a 1st gen. blazer with the same trailmaster lift, can you take a picture of the drivers side diff by the bracket(shown below)

The hub still hits the bracket... Here's some pictures of my problem....

This pic is the drivers side of the diff.... Where that black bracket comes down is where it hits... It scrapes slightly but i don't think they're suppose to be that close at all...

This pic shows it better...

This is a picture looking in from the drivers side...

Last edited by tony991; 07-04-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I know when I helped put my friend's 6" rough country lift on his silverado we had to shave off some of the diff so the bracket wasn't rubbing. did the lift come with instructions?

Old 07-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Default Chevy Volkswagen Beetle Blazer Abomination

This is a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle on a 1991 S10 Blazer Frame. I had the 5/6” Trailmaster lift in it. It came with the Engine and the entire drive train. I got it for 100$ I sold the engine for 80$ And I sold the rear-end for 140$ so I made my money back plus some. I took the lift kit out and wire brushed it with a grinder and painted it. Since the lift kit came from this Chevy VW abomination it didn’t come with directions. But I downloaded them from the Trailmaster website. They are really crapy!! lol.. The bracket that’s in the picture(above post) was not touched in the other frame. And I can’t recall how close the hub was to the bracket in the “VW” frame. I took a lot of pictures before I took it apart but unfortunately I didn’t get a shot of that area..

Chevy Volkswagen Beetle Blazer Abomination.....

It's actually kinda scary looking... Like something from jeepers creepers lol

Well that's the background story of the lift. Now I need help lolol

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I know when I helped put my friend's 6" rough country lift on his silverado we had to shave off some of the diff so the bracket wasn't rubbing. did the lift come with instructions?
The diff fits just fine... You're actually suppose to cut part of the bracket to get the diff in there, not shave the diff. lol I want to know if other people with the lift have this tight of a fit between the hub and bracket...

Last edited by tony991; 07-04-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran

that thing is actually really baddass. I'll be anxious to see it when its done. Sorry I can't help you more with your lift... I'm not sure if anyone on here has put the trailmaster lift on their 1st gen.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
that thing is actually really baddass. I'll be anxious to see it when its done. Sorry I can't help you more with your lift... I'm not sure if anyone on here has put the trailmaster lift on their 1st gen.

Well im not lifting the VW.. I took the lift out of that and im putting it in my 88 blazer lol

Old 07-04-2010, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran

lol so no plans for the bug?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Nooooo no lol I have the doors on craigslist right now. The body went to the scrap yard lol I didn't like it lol My friends were telling me to make a buggy out of it. But I'd rather have a street legal lifted blazer than a weird looking buggy that i can't take anywhere lol

Quick Reply: Trailmaster lift NEED HELP ASAP!!!