Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Trailmaster lift NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

true... could it be possible since that bug was so rigged that the lift was modified and that's why its not fitting right?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:11 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

Na... If you look at the last and second to last picture of the bug, you can see that the blazer body is acually still there. You can see the trunk and the firewall. It was a red blazer.. The VW body was just welded to the blazer body. So the lift kit wasn't touched. And there was no evidence of grinding on the lift.

So you don't know anyone that has this lift?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

not on a first gen.. I'm not sure how much first and second gens are different you could always try and ask someone with a second gen that has that lift and see if they had a similar problem

Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Beginning Member
Farmboy92 is on a distinguished road

Hey would you mind posting some pictures after your done with the blazer lift? ive been seriously considering buying the trailmaster 5" for my blazer, i just wanna see how it looks and get some other opinions on it

Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Farmboy92
Hey would you mind posting some pictures after your done with the blazer lift? ive been seriously considering buying the trailmaster 5" for my blazer, i just wanna see how it looks and get some other opinions on it
Ya I could do that for ya. I'm gonna have the front done soon. It's kinda hard between work and it being so hot here. The back is gonna take me a while cause I still have to buy and install 4.56 gears. But ill take some pictures of the front as soon as i'm done...

Oh and a acquiantance of mine who had a blazer with a trailmaster lift is gonna stop by and look at the diff for me. I havn't been working on it much cause i didn't want to get it all together just to find the diff is crooked. Hopfully he can remember if his trucks diff hub was this close to that bracket. I'll let you know how i goes...

Old 07-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by tony991
Oh and a acquiantance of mine who had a blazer with a trailmaster lift is gonna stop by and look at the diff for me. I havn't been working on it much cause i didn't want to get it all together just to find the diff is crooked. Hopfully he can remember if his trucks diff hub was this close to that bracket. I'll let you know how i goes...
He stopped by and couldnt remember how it went and he sold the truck. So.. If anyone knows anyone with a trailmaster lift in a 1st gen blazer tell them to contact me. I need to know the distance between the flange and the stock a-arm bracket..
Thanks....

Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM

I email trailmaster over the weekend. Then Monday I called them up. They said they got my email and saw the pictures. He said he didn't know whats going on and he said he'll call me back in an hour or two. He didn't. That's understandable cause maybe he got busy, etc..

So I called Trailmaster again today. He said the Research and development department has the pictures and said theres definatly a problem and they're trying to figure out what the problem is. He said he'll call me back in an hour. He didn't Again! Well, I'm glad we both know and understand that there is a problem! (sarcasm)

There Is no way(from what I could tell) to adjust the angles of the diff. Can't move the Rear A-arm/Diff brackets up and down cause there's a bolt where the stock lower A-arm was that holds a drop bracket.

My truck has been sitting on jack stands for a couple weeks now because of this problem! I'm starting to get a little pissed. Especially since there is NO TURNING AROUND cause the stock brackets have been cut.

And again... If anyone has a 1st or 2nd gen blazer that has this trailmaster lift. I need Pictures!! lol

Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM

OK, Good news... I called up trailmaster again today, They said that the flange should be around a 1/4" from the bracket and the clearence is fine with my truck. So thats really good news.. Now about the yoke pointing slightly down.. He said i should loosen the brackets, put a jack under the yoke and retighten the brackets. Also putting a washer between the pass. side axle drop bracket and the stock axle bracket will help bring up the yoke..
If anyone is installing this lift and needs help/suggestions let me know...
Thanks to everyone who replied....

Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping that everything would get sorted out.

One question though, why is it gonna take longer to do the rear because of you wanting to swap gear sets? I'd drive it once or twice with larger tires and snap some pics before the gear swap if need be. It will suck mpg wise and be slow as all get out but still. Plus the gear install should only take about 2 hours, now setting the angles and all that is what take all your time. Plus if anything is wrong once you start tear down that just adds more time.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I was hoping that everything would get sorted out.

One question though, why is it gonna take longer to do the rear because of you wanting to swap gear sets? I'd drive it once or twice with larger tires and snap some pics before the gear swap if need be. It will suck mpg wise and be slow as all get out but still. Plus the gear install should only take about 2 hours, now setting the angles and all that is what take all your time. Plus if anything is wrong once you start tear down that just adds more time.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.. The rear end is gonna be quick and easy. I'm having a shop regear it and i still have to order the gears...

Quick Reply: Trailmaster lift NEED HELP ASAP!!!