Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Wanting it to be a head turner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Beginning Member
95 S10 Blazer is on a distinguished road

ok guys my plans now are, 2" body lift, tbar crank and shackles. venom performance chip. and chrome 15x8 cragar soft 8's. now where do i find shackles and what size tire should i run, size and width?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Beginning Member
luckyferg1313 is on a distinguished road

its not too bad if you know what you are doing id give it a 3 or so. oh i have 33s on my truck but i have the older 4.3 and i can turn them over no problem i walked it sideways down the street last night lol

Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really you can buy the universal shackles from advance or auto zone and they'll work. Some people dont like them cause they look weak but I've never actually seen proof of them failing. I forget his name but a member here got 3 inch lift shakles from 3 leaf fab on ebay for around $50, if I remember right. I figure 3.5-4 inch lift, you could run 32 inch all terrains with some trimming, or some aggressive 31 inch mudders. These wheel wells have ample clearence upward but front and back while turning they are tight. I have 265-75-16 MT's (roughly 31.7 inch tire) on my truck and need to trim before I go offroad and thats with a 3 inch body lift and tbar crank on a 92 blazer. With stock wheels, you will rub frame at full lock, but not so much on the body. Any other kind of wheel, you will rub body, but not as much on the frame. I want to do a slight spacer up front because even though the camaro wheels are nearly the same backspace as my factory wheels, they are 8 inch wide which causes me to rub frame after about 1.25 or 1.5 turns of the steering wheel.

Does Venom make custom chips or are they regular mass produced ones? The owner of TBIchips.com custom burns chips for under $100, and he burns them according to the info you provide him of your vehicle and mods that have been done to it. I've talked to him and he said he could burn me a chip good for 15hp, with same mpg or slightly better mpg. And all I would have to do is run 91 octane with stock thermostat, or 87 octane with a colder temp thermostat. Really debating on getting one.

And in my opinion, simply raising a blazer makes it a headturner. Where people see so many stock blazers, when they see one lowered, or espically lifted, it really stands out.
Where I'm from, I've only seen two other lifted s10 blazers.
It feels good to be sitting at a red light and a guy in a big lifted chevy HD says "Hey, I like that, I had one just like it, but it sure didn't look like that! Are thoses Camaro rims?! Those tires are mean lookin!"

Old 04-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Beginning Member
95 S10 Blazer is on a distinguished road

venom is mass produced. its on summit racing. is the body lift hard to do? and does anyone have pictures of a 95 or newer 4 door with a body lift and tbar crank and shackles? if and one more thing how do you crank your tbars

Old 04-18-2010, 03:26 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Body lift isn't too bad, it's a world of pain sometimes if you don't have air tools. If you dedicate a weekend to it, get another gearhead buddy and take it step by step, it's pretty doable. You can go to performance accessories website and download the instruction to see what the process is like.

There is a sticky in the top of the lifting section page that is called something to the effect of tbar crank tutorial. It will walk you through the process with detailed pictures and makes the whole process a snap.

In a nutshell you pretty much have two adjuster bolts under your truck. Turn right to raise, left to lower, with the front tires off the ground of cource. On average 4 turns is an inch. When you get done, go for a drive or compress the suspension a few times so the tbars can settle in. Then fine tune if it's not quite even side to side. Alignment and wolia!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fatcat0491
Sorry http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...ber=CT10/706.0

Oh and Look At camero Iroc z rims.. They fit and Look NASTY on our blazers

I didnt read the whole thread but this made me LOL