Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What to do??

lol, ill make a tutorial once i get time to do it. and it doesnt involve cutting anything...

edit: and the kids trying to safe money, so how is 450 not alot, and in his sig it says 1" tbar crank, he wont have any problems with cv's or bj's at 1". Torsion keys are garbage because they alow you to over crank your tbars causing more wear. if you ask most people they will say to throw out the tbar keys...

Old 04-03-2008, 07:10 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm lost. A tutorial of what?

Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

well i guess im kind of lost myself. 95blazerlt4wd says to just use shackles an a tbar crank, but other people are saying to get the lift.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

how to fix the ball joint angle with cutting stock a arms/ getting new ones.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

It depends if you want to risk the cost of the front end parts. If you are ok replacing them as they wear out, just do a tbar crank and shackles. If you want to prolong the life and postpone the replacement of the same parts, get the kit, and save your balljoints by using the new control arms.

But remember if you've already got 1.5' shackles and a 1' tbar, and you buy the kit, you'll only get .5' more in the rear and 1' more in the front. Kinda makes the benefit of the kit cut in half.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM

And you are going to make a tutorial of? Cranking T-bars?

Whats over cranking got to do with anyhting about new keys being garbage?My sports bike allows me over accelerate and do a wheelie which can be bad,so? If you over crank to 3" thats your fault. All you have to do is not over crank that far and do the measurements as the instruction tell you. Its possible for you to have T-bar sag that won't allow you to go 2". Thats why they are included.

But yes for, 1/2" less you get almost the same lift for way cheaper. Its all up to you.

Opps sorry, took me to long to write and you already replied about what the tutorial is going to be about, sry.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Also a problem I've heard of with trying 3' on the tbars via keys is that the wheels then can't be properly aligned. At least not with the stock camber bolts.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:38 PM

True, just with the 2" my caster was right at limits. They can't adjust it any further.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about the confusion but i do not have any shackles on at the moment, my blazers at stock hight. i am hopefully going to be ordering 2" shackles from 3leaffab tonight. Install those at school crank the t-bars a inch an allign it right there. Im excited. im tired of seeing so many blazers!! they all look alike!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 PM

So you're going to allign it at school?