Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Wierd Question?? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/wierd-question-18546/)

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-21-2008 07:25 PM

RE: Wierd Question??

well a shackle lift seems to me like its pretty cheap.

95BlazerLt4wd 03-21-2008 09:41 PM

i woulndt call a shackle lift the right way... personally cranking the torsion bars shouldnt be an option, if your not willing to sacrafice parts life. Also the reasons you here people with 6" superlifts and trail master 5's having problems is because they turn a 6" lift into an 8" lift by cranking the tbars...

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-21-2008 09:57 PM

I guess i dont know what to do anymore. I was gonna do a body lift then went to shackles then dont know what to do.

95BlazerLt4wd 03-21-2008 10:01 PM

dont get me wrong, tbars and shackles work, thats whats on my truck, but im going to be replacing things prematurely, and im alright with that. but i wouldnt recomend cranking the tbar to anyone unless its minimal. Why dont you just got with a 2" body lift, you keep all stock ride characteristics but just 2" higher, no extra wear on any components. The body lift is very easy, its just time consuming.

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-21-2008 10:10 PM

Thats what im kinda leaning too. Can you do it in your driveway? An could it be done in aweekend? Workin morning to night.

2000 blazer lift kits are hard to find. Is there somethin goin on with them?

a_tack 03-22-2008 12:02 AM

yes and yes, but heres some things to keep in mind. Your current ride height will allow 30" tall tires. A 2 inch body lift will allow 31" tall tires, however, a body lift lifts the body off of the frame therefore giving you no extra ground clearance. The only extra ground clearance you will get is from the tires. A 1" tall tire yeild only 1/2" of ride height difference. The body lift will make your truck no more capable off road than it is right now. Now weigh it out, is a $200 body lift and a couple of days work worth 1/2"?? If you are purely going for looks then, by all means, go for it..lol If you are going for off-road capability, then you might want to reconsider..

Superlift, Rough Country are the only two companies with suspension lifts for a 2000 non-zr2 blazer. Trailmaster makes a 5 inch lift for up to year model 1998. This does not mean that it wont fit a 2000 (personally I think it will). Trailmaster recently replied to an e-mail about this by saying "It should work, but we can't guarantee it will because we have not tested it on that year model"

WolfPack 03-22-2008 10:32 AM

I cranked up my t-bars, and with 100k miles on my CVs, I blew out the passenger side within 100 miles. I've already had the ball joints replaced with greasable ones at 90-ish thousand, so those suckers should be fine with the lift, but you definitely need longer shocks with a t-bar adjustment. Speed bumps are brutal..

Also a body lift can help with off road capabilities...you're less likely to catch a rock with a body panel, and it also increases your approach and departure angles :D but not ground clearance :(

a_tack 03-22-2008 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Also a body lift can help with off road capabilities...you're less likely to catch a rock with a body panel, and it also increases your approach and departure angles :D but not ground clearance :(

if you rock crawl with a stock s-series or with a 2 inch body lift, some may question your sanity. You will not gain off road ability with a body lift. The bottom line is you high center at the same angles and heights as you do without the body lift. What you are talking about, wolfpack, is a rarity. You will see that advantage of a body lift maybe once out of every 50 times off road..... Your stock suspension will still limit your approach and departure angles, so to make a long story short, the body lift won't help anything but looks..

WolfPack 03-22-2008 01:20 PM

Haha oh well..I was reaching...just trying to find something. That one rock you want to clear that's 1' too tall and scrapes the bumper before the tire just might fit under with a body lift!

But yea, probably not. Who doesn't like bigger tires though!

a_tack 03-22-2008 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Haha oh well..I was reaching...just trying to find something. That one rock you want to clear that's 1' too tall and scrapes the bumper before the tire just might fit under with a body lift!

But yea, probably not. Who doesn't like bigger tires though!

Agreed! lol I have debated a 2 inch body lift for some time now just so I can run 31x10.50 pro comp xtreme MT's...