Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Wierd Question?? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/wierd-question-18546/)

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-22-2008 10:30 PM

RE: Wierd Question??

Im kinda goin for the look that 95BlazerLt4wd did. i wont have as big of tires, becuase i dont want to trim any. An i just want to make it level so with a 2" body lift an 2" shackles i sould get about 4" all together shouldnt I?

95BlazerLt4wd 03-23-2008 05:56 AM

4 in the rear, 2 in the front, honestly it would look stupid as hell... If your worried about breaking parts, dont crank your tbars.

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-23-2008 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: 95BlazerLt4wd

4 in the rear, 2 in the front, honestly it would look stupid as hell... If your worried about breaking parts, dont crank your tbars.
So stick to the 2 inch body an leave it at that?

mdehoogh 03-23-2008 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

It all depends. You should be fine with 1', but that will probably only level the blazer, as most trucks and suv's have a bit of forward rake from the factory. I think Matt (otnietdehoooo) did the 1' just to level it, and I don't recall him having any problems as of yet.
i havent had any problems yet. soon after i first cranked them, some of the grease out of the CV boot leaked out. after wiping it off,there was no more leaking and everything is fine so far.

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-23-2008 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

It all depends. You should be fine with 1', but that will probably only level the blazer, as most trucks and suv's have a bit of forward rake from the factory. I think Matt (otnietdehoooo) did the 1' just to level it, and I don't recall him having any problems as of yet.
i havent had any problems yet. soon after i first cranked them, some of the grease out of the CV boot leaked out. after wiping it off,there was no more leaking and everything is fine so far.
So i could do the body lift that would raise everything 2" an get the 2" shackles an crank the front 1" so it would have a forward rake. Would that look bad?

WolfPack 03-23-2008 01:25 PM

That's about what I've got. 1.25' in the front, 2' in the back. Waiting on funds for the body lift right now though.

I can't remember what the factory rake is, but 1' shouldn't look too bad. Only problem might come from your headlights being aimed down a little farther from the lean, decreasing the range of your lights. But other than that, 1' shouldn't be toooo bad.

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-23-2008 02:45 PM

Wolfpack do you have shackles in the back? Isnt there some way to adjust the headlights? What kind of rims ro you have? I got the same year blazer an color as well, an i think black rims look really good on red blazers.

WolfPack 03-23-2008 03:34 PM

I'm sure the headlights are adjustable, I just don't know if they can be moved up that much to account for forward rake like that...not sure at all. In my sig I do not have shackles on, just the t-bar lift up front, now I've got shackles on (see Got my shackles on!). Rims are Pro-Comp Series 51s, 15x8 with 4.5' of backspacing.

And yea, red and black is the best combo I think :D

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-23-2008 04:01 PM

sweet, cant wait till i get money!