Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

00 Blazer Heater Fan And Controls Not Working??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:06 PM
mowerman1193 is on a distinguished road
Default 00 Blazer Heater Fan And Controls Not Working??

My son had to change his heater core.. pulled the dash out and all that good stuff.. got her back together and all seems well other than the heater blower motor.. also the lights in the heater control panel are not working.. I keep telling him e much have left something smewhere unplugged.. he says he has checked and double checked the wires connections at the heater control switches.. He thought the blower motor went out.. I told him to test it with a jumper wire.. he just swore it was the blower and bought a new one without testing the old one.. To me it seems like there is something not plugged in.. I didn't work on this project so i have no idea where to look.. I'm going to look at it a but tomorrow to offer him some help.. He claims he tested the power at the switch and there is no power going to the switch for the blower... he also claims he looked at the fuses.. the ones marked HVAC.. claims there is two fuses marked HVAC.. fuses look good..

Since I don't know much about what is back there for power connectors and wires etc.. I was hoping someone here could offer some pointers on where to look... Obviously my first place i plan to look is the fuse.. then the connections at the power switch.. But other than these two areas.. is there any other plugs that would power the blower that he may have missed doing this heater core job? He's usually pretty good with electrical.. at is a mechanic repairing semis so he is mechanically inclined.. but I think sometimes we all get the Duh moment and he is just frustrated with it.. i understand he is tired of messing with it since he wrenches all day and the last thing you want to do is repair your own stuff, LOL...

All the controls and lights in the heater control panel in the dash worked before he took it apart.. so I think it's something unhooked..

Thanks for any leads to look into..

Old 03-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Rock18 is on a distinguished road
Old 03-09-2019, 08:23 AM
mowerman1193 is on a distinguished road

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that.. he did put in a new resistor and blower fan.. when taking out the old fan he tested it with a jumper and it run smooth.. not sure why he still put the new one in and not take it back.. LOL but anyway he did put the new one in.. Talking to him last night he seems to think maybe he damaged the control switch in the dash when he was taking the dash out.. so he is going to pick one up and try that.. That makes sense I suppose.. because he did take the ash out of the car.. I just found it odd that ever thing worked before changing the heater core.. He swears everything is plugged back in..