Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

02 Blazer not starting. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Starting Member
tylerb is on a distinguished road
Default 02 Blazer not starting. HELP

really havent had much trouble out of my 02 blazer 4wd, untill yesterday. got off of work and my car would not start. the battery was completely dead. i have a brand new altenator and battery. but after jumping off my car and driving home i woke up for work only to have to jump my car off again. dead battery. any help would be great. the guy at the auto part store told me it could be by starter about to go out but i dont see how that could be the reason to drain my battery.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tylerb
really havent had much trouble out of my 02 blazer 4wd, untill yesterday. got off of work and my car would not start. the battery was completely dead. i have a brand new altenator and battery. but after jumping off my car and driving home i woke up for work only to have to jump my car off again. dead battery. any help would be great. the guy at the auto part store told me it could be by starter about to go out but i dont see how that could be the reason to drain my battery.
Give a timeline.. NEw parts AFTER or before? Parts store checked the battery and alternator?

Do you do your own parts swaps? Do you have a test light, a meter? Unless he's an idiot, I presume the guy meant the starter solenoid might be draining the battery.. not likely but possible.
Disconnect one of the battery terminals, put incandescent test light between the battery terminal and cable. If somethings draining the batt, the light will light, brighter the higher the current drain is. Isolate by first disconnecting the big wire at alt. Then start pulling fuses, one at a time starting with the larger ones.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Starting Member
tylerb is on a distinguished road

New parts before this problem. Part store did check battery and alt. both checked out ok. I had somebody do the alt. yea he said it could be the solenoid not the actual starter. But what throws me off is it started fine after having to jump it off for two days straight. Do not have test light do have a DMM.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Well you can use a DMM if you think the drain is less than 10 amps. If it's more, you could smoke the meter. Or just the current circuit.

Test lite is under ten bucks.. just make sure it's a regular bulb, not led. Or you could make one if you have a small bulb and socket for it lying around.