Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

1999 Blazer no OBD2. What up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:38 AM
SSGuy is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 Blazer no OBD2. What up?

Hey folks

Went to the auto shop today to let them recharge my A/C because the compressor didnīt engage. After filling up the system with the recommended amount of refrigerant it still wouldnīt engage.
Mechanic says itīs probably because thereīs a error code in the system which needs to be deleted. Guy hooks up the computer and BOOOM there goes nothing. He told me that the OBD2 socket/outlet (whatever) does have no power so he canīt access the system. He checked the cables going to the socket with no visual evidence of cut/broken wires.

I told him iīll step by tomorrow to let him check it out further. But to narrow it down a little iīd need some help.

So here comes the question for you guys: What could most likely lead to a OBD2 having no power?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Check your cigarette lighter fuse: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ght=power+OBD2

If not, then check out this thread full of technical info: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ght=power+OBD2

Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 AM

Iīve just checked the cigarette lighter fuse. It was blown. Thanks for the help man!

Is it a possibility that the A/C isnīt working because there is some sort of error in the system that needs to be deleted? Or is the guy at the shop making it up?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:33 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSGuy
...Is it a possibility that the A/C isnīt working because there is some sort of error in the system that needs to be deleted?...
I've never heard of such a critter.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Me neither. But what should i do in this situation?
Iīve got no experience on A/C systems what so ever.
Itīs recharged properly and the fuses are good. Compressor runs the second you pull the fuse from the dash compartment and put it back in so itīs mechanically working.

Iīve got no clue where to go from this point.