Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2001 blazer shock? swaybar? ABS Brake light comes on at times. What obd2 reader buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
frisky-maddog is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 blazer shock? swaybar? ABS Brake light comes on at times. What obd2 reader buy?

Hello

Have a 2001 Blazer 4x4 LT 170,000

I have new idler arm, upper and lower ball joints and shocks on the front. Also new hub assembly (bearing, hub and abs sensor all in 1) and rotors and brakes.

I still seem to have a rolling extra bounce when i go over dips in the road is this something that i need to replace the bushings and that on the sway bar up front? Or where do i need to look as it gets annowing when you go over a dip in the road and it gives you extra roll in the steering and all this extra roll seems to come from the pasenger side.

Any help to point me in the right direction.

Replaced the front hub bearing assemblies (which also included the brake sensors in the hub bearing assemblies) as the one was howling and the other seemed sloppy. Those caused the howling to go away and also dropped the rpm about 100 at 60mph.

Front end has been aligned as well.

Other problem is that when i go over a bump at times the ABS and Brake warning lights come on inside. seems like it comes on more when it is warm then cold air temps. If the air temps are 50 or below it does not come on until i stop for a while and then go again and hit a bump or for no reason come on so i am wondering if this has something to do with temp? or what?
So far i have checked the ground wire up that goes to the radiator shroud as i have seen that alot of people had problems with that but mine is perfect and tight and no corrision. I am thinking of replaceing the cluster of vacum lines as the one does look a little dry rotish. Any other ideas before i have to maybe send the abs unit off to get checked and repaured? i have seen on this forum somewhere that someone will check it and send it back if not needed repairs or repair for around 75 or 125 but i can't seem to find that again.

I have not owned this blazer very long (1 month) but like it alot over the 93 s10 truck it replaced.

I plan on getting a obd2 reader any suggestoions on that as well? i think i want one that can read abs brake codes as well since this is lighting up already at times.

Thanks for your help

Yes this is my first post but have been reading and learning for awhile now.

Last edited by frisky-maddog; 05-05-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

A used Snap On Solus, or Solus Pro from Ebay would make a decent entry level scan tool for DIY use. Make sure it has software that will cover your 2000. It will access Engine, trans, ABS, Air bag, BCM, Instrument cluster, etc etc. They're usually available for just under $2K. It will access everything you'll need, and you won't regret it.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 PM
obd2 is on a distinguished road

obd2 diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2 HOBD2-Honest OBD2 Diagnostic Tool & Auto Scanner Supplier

<a href="http://www.hobd2.com/">obd2</a> diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

sales@HOBD2.com
obd2 diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

sales@HOBD2.com
<a href="http://www.hobd2.com/">obd2</a> diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

sales@HOBD2.com
obd2 diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2 HOBD2-Honest OBD2 Diagnostic Tool & Auto Scanner Supplier

sales@HOBD2.com
HOBD2-Honest OBD2 Diagnostic Tool & Auto Scanner Supplier diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2