Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2000 Jimmy Only driver side headlights work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Project_lil_red is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Jimmy Only driver side headlights work?

Hey guys, new to the forum.

So tonight, I was re-aiming my headlights on my 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4wd. I've got LED headlights from Opt7, and have had them in for about a month with no issues.

I just got new housings for the lights, so I had to re-aim them. I slid the clips in on one side, and aimed them no problem. Both headlights still on. As I slid the clips back on the passenger side, both the low beams and high beams flashed then shut off and won't come back on, but only on the passenger side.

The drivers highs, lows and both fogs still work, and all of my parking, turn signals still work.

I picked up halogen 9006 and 9005 to see if the LEDs died, but they don't work either. It's too dark outside to check fuses and grounds and whatnot, so I'll have to do so in the morning.

Does anyone know if it's a fuse, or maybe a ground or even the headlight grounding relay that would only shut off one side highs and lows only, while the other still works as normal? What all should I be looking for?

Last edited by Project_lil_red; 08-24-2015 at 01:06 AM.