Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2001 Blazer Alarm setting itself off & door locks locking & unlocking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
droidxusa is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 2001 Blazer Alarm setting itself off & door locks locking & unlocking.

Hi, has anyone had their Blazer setting off the alarm itself for no apparent reason, also the door lock has been ghosting if I can call it that. The door locks will lock and unlock themselves even after using the key to lock the door from outside. I tried searching for any threads / posts regarding this same problem and couldn't find any. My blazer is a 2001 4.3 V-6.

I did replace the drivers side door & the little pin that activates the interior lights when the drivers door is open its right below the fuse panel on left side of dashboard. I've checked the connections everything is connected properly. Also the speakers in the rear left & right passenger doors have stopped working. I bought a new battery at sears because the ghosting of the factory alarm & ghosting of the door locks killed my original battery.

Please help thanks for any suggestions on how to resolve these ghosting electrical problems.

Peace Droidxusa.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your truck likely also has the content theft deterrent system which has a switch in the latch of both front doors. If the replacement driver door did not contain this switch, it could be causing the symptoms you are experiencing.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Your truck likely also has the content theft deterrent system which has a switch in the latch of both front doors. If the replacement driver door did not contain this switch, it could be causing the symptoms you are experiencing.
swartlkk, I took my blazer to my brothers auto body shop to have the door replaced and painted. I recently noticed that the interior cab lights don't come on, so I looked at the door pins the ones that when pushed in the interior light goes off, when the door is open the pin pops out, but the lights don't come on. I called my brother he said to gently pull the door open pins out of the side of dash board to make sure the wires hadn't come disconnected, drivers side push pin is connected, passenger side front door push pin has no wires plugged into, so I pulled the glove box & passenger side kick panel no wire or for the push pin.

swartlkk, with the disconnected / missing wires to the pass side door push pin or whatever it is called, if it is not closing the circuit, be the reason / cause possibly of the alarm & door locks ghosting?

Or could it be that the switch in the door latch that you mentioned above be the real culprit?

And yes on my instrument cluster their is a blinking light say's " Security " is this the theft deterrent you are referring to? This light goes out when I put key in ignition and start engine.

Waiting patiently for your replies, have to disconnect the battery tonight don't want neighbors calling me at 3am to alert me to my content theft alarm ghosting again.

I don't want to have to drive 100 miles to the eastern shore of Maryland to Salisbury, Maryland to my brothers auto body shop to get this electrical problem resolved, please if you or any other forum members have suggestions I'd really appreciate the help!

Peace droidxusa,
aka Joe.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the content theft deterrent system, the passenger door pin is just a dummy and does not connect into the circuit. I would pull the door panel and have a look inside. That's the only way you will know for sure.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by droidxusa
swartlkk, I took my blazer to my brothers auto body shop to have the door replaced and painted. I recently noticed that the interior cab lights don't come on, so I looked at the door pins the ones that when pushed in the interior light goes off, when the door is open the pin pops out, but the lights don't come on. I called my brother he said to gently pull the door open pins out of the side of dash board to make sure the wires hadn't come disconnected, drivers side push pin is connected, passenger side front door push pin has no wires plugged into, so I pulled the glove box & passenger side kick panel no wire or for the push pin.

swartlkk, with the disconnected / missing wires to the pass side door push pin or whatever it is called, if it is not closing the circuit, be the reason / cause possibly of the alarm & door locks ghosting?

Or could it be that the switch in the door latch that you mentioned above be the real culprit?

And yes on my instrument cluster their is a blinking light say's " Security " is this the theft deterrent you are referring to? This light goes out when I put key in ignition and start engine.

Waiting patiently for your replies, have to disconnect the battery tonight don't want neighbors calling me at 3am to alert me to my content theft alarm ghosting again.

I don't want to have to drive 100 miles to the eastern shore of Maryland to Salisbury, Maryland to my brothers auto body shop to get this electrical problem resolved, please if you or any other forum members have suggestions I'd really appreciate the help!

Peace droidxusa,
aka Joe.
Originally Posted by swartlkk
If you have the content theft deterrent system, the passenger door pin is just a dummy and does not connect into the circuit. I would pull the door panel and have a look inside. That's the only way you will know for sure.
So I have my brother coming to visit me this weekend, we will remove the door as you suggested swartlkk. Will post the results after trouble shooting the door switch, and door open pin.

On another note, my brothers autobody shop replaced the transmission when they replaced the drivers door & drivers side front fender and I'm pretty sure his tranny mechanics didn't properly connect something which is the only possible reason for not having anything but 2-W Hi and no 4-W Hi or 4-W Lo. Will post in another thread results from trouble shooting the fault for this!

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions regarding the GHOSTING theft deterrent alarm and GHOSTING door locks!

Peace Droidxusa.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Administrator

You don't have to remove the whole door. Just the inner door trim panel. Have a look at the latch. There should be 3 different electrical connections on/near the door latch assembly. One will be for the lock actuator, one will be for the key cylinder switch (likely up near the handle), and one for the handle switch.

Here is the wiring schematic for that system:

Attached Thumbnails 2001 Blazer Alarm setting itself off & door locks locking & unlocking.-01_ctd_sch.gif  
Old 06-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Starting Member
Amjad is on a distinguished road
Post 2000 LS Blazer, Horn goes off

I have 2000 4D 4x4 LS Blazer, Horn goes off any time day or night.
Last Monday Fuel pump was replaced. Right passenger front door latch is loose, door needs a slam to completely closed and it had no issue before due to this.
What could be the issue now and if i can get help to solve it, many thanks...
Amjad

Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Beginning Member
sportjunkee is on a distinguished road
Default 98 LT With Similar Issue

I have a 1998 LT Blazer with a similar issue. The "security" light is NOT on but the door "ghost" cycles the power door locks. It does this in "Park" and in "Drive". I have pulled the fuse out to shut off the power locks.

Any ideas?
How do I determine if this is GM security or "After market" installed security system?

I have replaced the battery in the remote key-less fob. No luck on getting the system to work properly.

All advice is helpful.

Thanks