Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2001 S10 Blazer retrofit of Morimoto Mini H1 HID projectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member
bdennis1983 is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 S10 Blazer retrofit of Morimoto Mini H1 HID projectors

ok here is kind of a lil walk through of what i did to do the retrofit.

I started out with the ebay projectors, Note they are installed right the projector was tilted down in it so i had to adjust it that high to get it right.

I tore them down, pulled the projector out that was in it and made a template for mounting the new one to.

Took that template and transfered it over to a piece of lexan then cut it all out.

Took some Screws and ran them through in order to mount the new light to the adapter plate.

I then set the depth where it needed to be with bolts and washers to get the correct depth.

Now that those are done, i took the housing and cut out everything on the back that got in the way of it being flush mounted.

From there i test fit the light assembly in place, Covered the entire back with foil to make a plate to close it off. Once that was shaped i covered it with JB weld and let it dry. Removed it trimed it down to be a filler plate then siliconed it into place.

Screwed all the fittings and seals back onto the back of the light housing to seal it

Here is everything reassembled and sealed back up.

Here it is installed on the truck again.

Once it gets dark tonight i will align them back up and get pics of the final results of them for everyone. Hit me up let me know what ya think.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Waiting for output pics!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the comments, i did wire it so that they function as the hi and low beams. Here are the pics, the driver side is a little rotated due to the housing being kicked up on the inner end. i gotta figure that one out but here ya go.

low beams

and the high beam

only other thing affecting them is it is for h1 based hid's mine have the 9006 base from old setup. I got new ones on the way. that should clean it up a lot more for me.

Last edited by bdennis1983; 07-15-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Get the proper bulbs in yet?

Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

Well very nice, i like how you corrected those

Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Beginning Member

Here is the pic with the new bulbs finally in. You can see the driver side still needs the small rotational issue fixed from the mounting, but they look MUCH better

Old 07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

The headlights don't look like both tabs are in the core support correctly.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Beginning Member

Both tabs are in there, it is something with the aftermarker mounts for the lights. I even had the grille off while putting them on. i am working on figuring it out. I trimed off the little alignment pin on the inside edge to see if that lets them sit down in how it sould. Will post more photos tonight of it after working on them more.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 PM
juanfpina is on a distinguished road

This looks exactly like what I want to do. Would it be possible for a parts list with prices? What headlights did you go with and about how much time did you spend? I'm going to do the 98+ front end conversion and plan on having the lights ready before the actual conversion so I'd like to just buy one set of headlights instead of needing two.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Beginning Member
loudblazer21 is on a distinguished road

i had issue actually with my tabs as well it's the core support it actually hit's the back of the h.i.d. bulb i drilled a hole for back of h.i.d. bulb to seat through and have no issues. looks good none the less man nice work

Quick Reply: 2001 S10 Blazer retrofit of Morimoto Mini H1 HID projectors