Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

95 blazer no rear lights..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Starting Member
andrewm is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer no rear lights..

This started when i awoke to see my rear windshield wiper going off and my tail lights running, randomly one day. when i push certain buttons other functions happen, like the washer pump going off when i press and hold the lock button, or the rear windshield wiper going off when i press the brake. to add to this i have no tail lights, turn signals, stop lights, or turn signals. ive narrowed the cause to melted wires comming from the pigtail to the brake switch, i can only cut and resplice them so far and im sure their melted together in more than one place which is why its causing other functions to happen, however, i have no idea how to disconnect that wiring harness that goes into the engine compartment underneath the dash. i need to get that off in order to view all of the wires. ive already tried the turn signal switch, fuses, relays, flashers, the trailer wiring harness, bad grounds, removing my after market cd player and amplifier, and i removed my aftermarket alarm and remote start. but still the fuse that connects to my tail lights/turn signals ( fuse # 3) keeps blowing and the brakes wont work without melting, i could smell the burning when i pressed the brake. other fuses were randomly blowing as well but now its just that one. any new insight would be great as i cant afford to take it to an electrical mechanic. thanks.