Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

95 chevy Blazer electrical issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Beginning Member
Maggz is on a distinguished road
Default 95 chevy Blazer electrical issues...

I recently got a 95 chevy blazer 4wd. It has the 4.3L engine. Now when I got this vehicle it did not run, I had to replace the fuel pump. After which it ran. However I had no brakes, so I replaced both power booster ( I heared hissing when pressing the brake pedal.) and the master cyclinder (had to do this because I was not getting any oscillation of the front chamber). Anyhow it also had a lot of other small issues. All electrical, and I will list them all here in order of what I have fixed or still have yet to fix.

*Radio. (installed new Pioneer cd deck)
*speakers in Both rear and PS door (replaced all speakers with Pioneer speakers from Best buy)
*Passenger side speakers still didn't work (so I rewired directly off the rioneer deck in dash and this solved this issue)
*Power seats did not function (I ran a new fused power wire and regrounded them and now driver power seat works, also did the same for the lumber for both seats)
*Missing Keyless remotes (purchased and installed Bulldog keyless entry system)
*4wd switch was not working (purchased new switch and replaced)
*Dome light always stays on (this one I still have not resolved but I figure it is possibly in the rear door switches as I have replaced both front door switches already.

I had done all this and still had all my dash apart, when I went to put it all back together I turned the key and now the blinkers stopped working (not the 4 way just the individual ones) as well as the 4wd switch no longer stays lit after turning the vehicle on, and my blower motor no longer functions. I cant seem to find any reason why this would all stop working all at once and I do not know where to begin to resolve this issue.

I got this vehicle from a relative who had tried to sell it to their daughter and they never paid them anything and basically destroyed it. It was given to me and I figured I could take on this task to fix it. However it seems like a spider web of issues and I fix one thing and more come up.

Basically is there one thing which would be a common tying factor in all 3 of these new issues popping up? I know for a fact prior to me installing the keyless entry stuff today the vehicle blinkers, 4wd switch, and blower motor all worked yesterday. I connected everything correctly and the keyless entry does lock and unlock the doors. I did try to put in the starter Immobilizer unit and did cut the Start wire coming from under the steering wheel. After this issue I disconnected that thing and reconnected the wire because I thought that could have been the issue....... no luck.

Anyhow I would really appreciate some suggestions on this, as im about to pull whats left of my hair out trying to figure this out.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Starting Member
97blazer8488 is on a distinguished road

If ur hazards are still working but not individual there is a fuse relay called the flasher behind the dash there are 2 the one on the left is hazards the one on right is individual I just had to replace on mine and it only costs $4 and is a quick fix if u don't care about hazard lights just switch em and u will have turn lights again

Old 08-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Starting Member

The 4wd light does not stay on after starting on ours either so I know that these problems are not linked

Old 08-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Beginning Member

odd thing is now my blinkers work, and my 4 ways. The lights do not stay on for the 4wd switch nor does the blower motor work at all. I am only guessing but could this be something in the keyswitch itself?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Starting Member

Idk there I haven't got very far with ours as the blower motor interior lights(dome/map) and light on 4wd switch don't work on ours still trying to troubleshot that

Old 08-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member
sporty982000 is on a distinguished road

Wow. U been busy. Congrats on all the hard work.

Ya know I had my dash apart to look for relay switch. For my windows. Which I later found elsewhere.

I put my dash back and had same issue. Blower motor would not work.

I pulled the fuse. Put it back in and then it worked.

Weird gremlins in these blazers

Old 08-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Beginning Member

so you think pulling the fuse might reset some of these issues?, I disconnected the battery cable and that's how I got my blinkers to start working again..... like I said its driving me a bit crazy.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Beginning Member

I have been searching the internet now, and I am thinking there is some sort of fuse or relay blown, Besides the fuses in the driver side dash panel and the relays in the glove box is there any other locations I should be looking? I tried finding a wiring diagram of the blower motor, and went backwards from there. Since that seems to be an issue, I figured it would be best to start at the tail end and try and track down the wiring mess from the back and go forwards. However this is proving to be a much tougher assignment than I thought. I would really appreciate any help anyone could give on this. Currently I still have no 4wd control and no blower motor. The AC is turning on but no blower sends no air.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Beginning Member

Ok I do have alil update, Today I tore apart the dash and started tracing the power for the blower motor. I started by testing the power to the switch in the dash itself, it had power on all connections. I then went to the relay under the hood, tested there and had power on all proper places. So I went to the motor itself and there was power in the plug going into the blower motor. Still had no blower motor tho, so I thought I had better clean all the connections of every plug down the line, and found it also went into the under hood computer. So I unplugged and removed that and cleaned all connections and re lubricated them. Welp after all this my blower motor works flawlessly. So I now am trying to do the same for the 4wd.

My issue with the 4wd is this..... currently when I turn the key all lights come on for the 4wd switch, then after about 5 seconds they all go out, the 4wd switch has no effect. So I started test power at the switch. It has a constant power supply only off of one line going into that switch, this never goes out. I am also seeing that if I turn the headlights on that the lights do not come on for illumination on ONLY that 4wd switch, every other light inside the vehicle works properly. This switch is new, I bought it 3 weeks ago when I got the vehicle given to me as the original switch was broken (it looked like someone hit it with a hammer). Anyhow it did all work correctly prior to me hooking up this stupid keyless entry system (which currently is removed from the system so that I can diagnose all this with no outside interference). If anyone could give me an idea as where to look for all of these connections to the 4wd system it would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I have found the switch connection itself, cleaned an lubricated that. Found what I think is a relay under the passenger side dash panel, cleaned and lubricated that. As well as 5 different plugin connections in that same panel. I also found a box with a plugin connector in the passenger side kick panel (which I believe is part of the air bag system??) cleaned and lubricated that connection as well.

This vehicle was well taken care of up until about 8 months ago when my uncle had tried to sell in to his son in law, after that tho it was abused and taken into the mud and it really was a mess (carpet filled with about 2 inches of mud inside, every piece of plastic trim had mud all over it) I spent 2 weeks striping out everything in the interior including the carpet and linings and cleaning everything and re installing it, at that time the 4wd switch was replaced and it did work. However after I have been putting all this other stuff into it, something seems to have affected it, that or something went bad just sitting there. That really doesn't make sense, tho a bad connection is possibly more likely. Which is why im trying to narrow down this search, as if already gone thru every visible connection on the inside of the vehicle, and every visible connection under the hood.

** addition after posting**
I have found and located the TCCM it was in the dash behind the cigarette lighter, However cleaning these connections has not given me any resolution. How would one go about testing to see if the TCCM is faulty?

Last edited by Maggz; 08-26-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Beginning Member
sporty982000 is on a distinguished road

Did u check the electric motor on the transfer case ?

Quick Reply: 95 chevy Blazer electrical issues...