Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

96 blazer fac. keyless entry issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 96 blazer fac. keyless entry issue

well i can not get my keyless entry remote to program to my truck for some reason or another i jump the pins on the obd ii connecter the locks cycle as they should but the remote will not work on the truck, the remote was programmed to my 97 bravada i bought it off ebay it worked fine on the bravada, on the inside it says to reset the remote hold the lock and unlock button down for 7seconds near the vehicle? anyone ever unprogrammed one of these before i really would like my keyless entry to work any help on this topic would be great thanks ahead of time all of you

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Beginning Member
joshuazx10 is on a distinguished road

after you get the locks to lock then unlock it should be in programming mode. then you take your keyfob and hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously until they lock and unlock again. It took like 20-30 seconds for mine to program, so just try holding the buttons longer

Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Beginning Member
Bowers is on a distinguished road

I have a question also bout keyless entry. I inhereted a 96 blazer without any keys, so i just bought a new ignition cylinder with new keys. Now i realized i aint got any keys for my doors. Im thinking about buying a keyless entry, would that solve my problem, and also do they prevent me from locking myself out. with my other keys. I have used keyless entry before on new vehicles and you cant lock your keys in the vehicle with them, just wondering if they would work the same way. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

i will have to try that, to bowers....that idea would work for you until you ever incounter a dead battery if you go that route better rig a piece of bailing wire to your hood release for that day you come out and the battery is dead.....i had a lincoln mark viii setup like that

Old 03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Beginning Member
Bowers is on a distinguished road

To Lowlife-----Im going to give my vin to a local dealership and have them to see if they can make a door key for it. But i'm still going to do they keyless entry, found one on ebay for $20. May hook up an autostart also.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM
steelrfn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bowers
.... Im thinking about buying a keyless entry, would that solve my problem, and also do they prevent me from locking myself out. with my other keys. I have used keyless entry before on new vehicles and you cant lock your keys in the vehicle with them, just wondering if they would work the same way. Thanks.
my 2000's won't let me lock the doors with the keys in it, if that's what you are referring to.