Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Any of you guys mounted flood lights on the fac roof rack?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Beginning Member
Gnfanatic is on a distinguished road
Default Any of you guys mounted flood lights on the fac roof rack?

hey guys, got a 1995 blazer and would like to get some more light at night, especially in the winter time. I dont like the look of the front bush guards on the blazer so I was thinking of putting 4 square lights on the top of the roof rack. any of you guys do this? Who sells the kit??

thanks!
Ralph

Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 AM
oldsbravada2000 is on a distinguished road

I have done it but I drilled holes in the rack and bolted the lights to it. Be careful though because in the state of michigan its illegal to have more than 4 lights on at once and any extra lights turned on CAN NOT be higher than the headlights. Most aftermarket lights will say on the box " off road use only" and that is why.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

Hey, GNfanatic my daughter and I are going to mount a pair of off road lights on the roof of her 93 jimmy. What we did is we went to the local junkyard and got an extra crossbar to mount the lights to. Also, we got the longer side rails from a 99 Montana.
That way the lights will be mounted a little farther forward. I will post pics as soon as I actually start the MOD. The Montana side rails have an extra mount in the middle. I plan on mounting them in the original front mounting points. Then, I will have to install new mounting holes a little forward of the originals. This will give more support for the cross bar with the off road lights mounted to them. the original side rails without ends are 38 1/2 inches long. The ones we got off the Montana are 52" long. So when I get some free time I'm gonna get this done.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Beginning Member
Gnfanatic is on a distinguished road

thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Maybe I can take out the front hooks and put lights in there? I never going to use the hooks anyways but not sure how big of a light I can put in there.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

you could fab up a hook replacement light mount. it wouldnt be too hard to do. just unbolt the tow hook and copy the dimensions of where it mounts to the frame and work up from there