Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

APS HID Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 AM
littlehawkkidz is on a distinguished road
Default APS HID Lights

Checked around and haven't heard to much about the APS brand HID lights for my Blazer. Its a 98 4D. My question is has anyone had any experience with these lights, quality, easy of instillation?

The reason I'm hesitant is that the price is around $50 less then other brands Ive seen. Also what other brands might anyone recommend/have experience with?

Link to APS lights on Andy's Auto:
http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...g00166478.html

Thanks for any help/advice!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

HID's are as easy to install as regular halogen bulbs. the only difference is there is a ballast with the HID's you have to put somewhere behind your headlights. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for HID's those don't look all that special.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

this kit is the best kit you can get for the money. I have them in my high's and lo's 4500K. I've had the low's 55 watts for over a year now and I beat the crap out of them and they still work. a few other guys on here will agree these are the best for the money.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

how do they compare to the ones they advertise here?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

All HID's are similar quality... I havent had any experience with the HID's they sell on here. All of my friends have ddm HID's none of us have had problems with them. (most of my friends drive european cars)

Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

i install Beemers and PIAA HID kits, plus some random kits customers supply to us from various random sites online.
the thing i notice about the kits, is they are all identical with the difference being the graphics on the packaging and the stickers on the bulbs and ballasts.
some kits can be harder to install than your average bulb because of load resistors and error code clearing modules and whatnot. it takes some extra wires, connections to the battery and adding in some new ground connections with the need to hide a bunch of new modules, boxes, relays, ballasts, LCMs, AFMs and other stuff. -sucks to drive a dodge.

main thing to look for is how the seller handles their warranty issues. ive seen brand new kits of all sorts come with bad ballasts and most have low quality plugs that i just cut off and solder the wires on to the vehicles existing wires for a sure connection. -while the lights are on and the truck hits a bump or sometimes hot/cold changes knock out a lighting function and stuff, this is usually the problem.
the kit you showed looks as good as any other kit ive installed and they all seem to have the same plugs on the bulbs and ballasts.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 AM
littlehawkkidz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the info. Definitely checking out the HIDs you posted. Glad to hear they are fairly simple to install.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

the new mopars, and european imports are the hardest HID installs by far, needing lots of extra junk isnt cool. then dodge makes their trucks and cars turn a headlight off while signaling! wtf!! so another module is needed for that!
vehicles with DRLs on the high beem side sometimes need some AFMs (anti flicker modules) because Daytime running lights only send like 6 or 8 volts to the lights, this confuses the hell out of the ballasts and causes them to do a police light pattern. cool in the shop, not so hot on the street behind the cop tho. lol