Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

brake pedal brake switch

Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Starting Member
zach bjorge is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb brake pedal brake switch

I own a 1995 blazer 4 door 4.3 engine, so my tail lights don't work, I have checked bulbs and fuses and have replaced all, but still they don't work, so I bought a switch that goes above brake pedal I have 4 wires but there are 6 tabs on the new switch, any info on this could help. Thank you

Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you test the switch?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Starting Member
zach bjorge is on a distinguished road

Well a buddy of mine did, while I was at work and he said I needed a new one so I went and bought one, but not to sure on how to install and adjust it, and where the wires go

Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

On mine, a 2000, it just plugs into the connection. Plug and play I guess you could say. Have to say I'm surprised a '95 is hardwired.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you pull the connection and see if it would still plug into the switch? Just because there are 4 wires and 6 pins, it doesn't mean that the connector wouldn't go in properly. There may be contacts that don't get used in your particular application.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
chevyblazer1996 is on a distinguished road

I have a 96, I have the same problems....no brake lights/hazard lights..going to check out that switch underneath the brake pedal. I hope that'll fix it

Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by chevyblazer1996
I have a 96, I have the same problems....no brake lights/hazard lights..going to check out that switch underneath the brake pedal. I hope that'll fix it
If your hazards are not working, then the problem lies in the multifunction switch.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
chevyblazer1996 is on a distinguished road

that's great, thanks for replying back, I'm going to find out where that is located tonight but if i can't find where it is, where do i find this multifunction switch for the hazards/brake lights?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

The multifunction switch is located in the steering column. The hazard switch and the turn signal stalk are both part of the multifunction switch.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

The multifunction switch is located in the steering column. The hazard switch and the turn signal stalk are both part of the multifunction switch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brake pedal brake switch