Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Dead

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Fanatick is on a distinguished road
Default Dead

Alrighty, first post on here but have been a fan of this forum for quite some time.

My Blazer

V6, 4.3L
2dr LS
Rear Wheel Drive
Automatic

When i bought it at a buy here pay here place years ago it had some upgrades to it but nothing special i think rims were only thing rememberable.

My problem.

Dual XDM7510 Receiver - Installed myself.

The Cd player im assuming finally went bad it was a bad purchase to begin with but eh i needed a CD player and it was like $20 when i grabbed it heh.
The cd player kept not turning off. I would leave my car come back and it would still be on. So about a week or 2 of this i go out to my car and car is dead cant get to work.
I pull the battery take it to the nearest wal-mart they said it's dead and i got a free replacement because it was only 6 months old. Put it in. Now a whoel bunch of stuff is wrong.

Before the batteyr died my Gas gauge worked, and the blazer ran spectacular i oil changed every 3000 miles and never had any problems.

Now after putting the brand new battery in its place i took out the cd player and my Gas gauge is now stuck to the bottom right doesn't move ever, my car started and would kind of sputter a little bit. I was able to get to work and as i let go of the gas my car died coasting down the hill to my job. Weird. As soon as i coasted to my parking spot it would start right up and still sputter and stall. I let it sit while i worked and come out and it starts up. Going back home i go down hill and it dies again. Assuming its a fuel pump problem. But why would my gas gauge be now broken.
So i decided to put the blazer to rest for awhile until i had money to spend or got to fooling with it. Now i need a second car again because my wife starts class soon so i gotta fix it.

I go out and start the vehicle and nothing the doors don't unlock battery is completely dead. So i was thinking alternator/fuel pump/sending unit. All bad? wth! All of this from a CD player problem. Any ideas? i know nothing about cars but what i can google. I found a sending unit/fuel pump for $60 havent bought it yet and found a used alternator for $20 at the local pullapart. I have a nice pioneer cd player to go in the duals place. But all of this is making me think electrical problem. Im lost. I dont mind spending the $100 or so bucks on the parts but if that doesnt fix it what a waste.

Any ideas? The only thing other than replacing i can think of is try and jump it and drive it to a GM dealership the run a diag for how ever much and let em tell me whats wrong and fix it myself unless its easier for them to fix the issue. Or tow it heh.

~Help~

Old 08-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing the year will help greatly.

Beyond that, it sounds like you have a real basket case on your hands. You likely have multiple wiring problems. I would start by removing & cleaning all of the grounds that you can find throughout the vehicle.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 PM

Guess that would make sense huh? Its a 2002.
Sorry thought i had that in there.

Yeah im not really sure what is all wrong with it. Dont get why 1 thing led to like 10 others.

I have checked the battery ground and all of the grounds i made for various other addons and subs and stuff and there all clean and are grounded accoridng to my multimeters.

Im not to fluent in mechanics but does anyone know if i can take it somewhere and have them check everything? I'd like to know everything befor ei go and buy parts that i THINK might be wrong.

Very Respectfully,
-Fan

Old 08-14-2011, 11:50 AM

!Good News!

Neighbor apparently is a mechanic and has been for 20+ yrs. He said he's bringing his tester over tomorrow. And i also met another neighbor today that does Body work and said he could fix my ugly back window stuff tha ti have seen a lot of people fix here the black exterior above the back side window. He said he could fiberglass it or sand it and bondo it to form for like $100. and the guy also now fixes my Yard, i gave him a bunch of lawn modelings and stuff and now we've entered a ill do this for ya if ya get more type thing lol.

The mechanic neighbor said he'll figure out whats wrong for free and then if i buy the parts he'll fix it at his costs which he said were lower than a shops. I've only done a few things on cars besides the system stuff that i do for everyone around here for free lol so if i find out and its an easy fix ima fix it.

The guy told me because i tore out my CD player its not completing a circuit and that why my car isnt starting. Im washing my SUV beasts today so ill clean out the Blazer and plug back in the old cd player an see what happens. ive got a really old JVC i might throw in just because it ha never been in a car and is just going to waste. lol