Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

dealership schematic help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dealership schematic help

Hi guys! I just purchased a dealership service manual for my 1986 s10 blazer 2.8L 4x4. Im trying to figure out the wiring schematic for the connector to the instrument cluster.

this is the connector. can anyone explain to me what the first and second colums of numbers are for? And how do they match up to the numbers for each pin on the connector itself? I assume the 3rd column is the wire size followed by the wire color (obviously).

This is the schematic for the fuel and oil guage. I figured out that 39 and 150 are the power/ground and the middle number (in the picture of the gauge) is the signal wire. To the right of the gauge the 3 numbers match up to 3 other numbers??? WTF!

Is anyone fluent in this nonsense? What Im REALLY trying to figure out, is which pin on the connector is the fuel gauge signal wire (#30 in the picture). yes I would like the answer, but id also like to learn how to read this schematic. Thank you in advance!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The first column is the circuit designation. The third column is the wire size and color as you surmised. The middle column may be a terminal type designation. This is what I would say the numbers to the right for the gauges is as well.

Circuit 30 corresponds to pin 10 on the I/P connector.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:42 PM

so how do I match the numbers up to tell what wire goes to what pin on the connector? they dont seem to match.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just match up the circuit numbers. All wires on the same circuit should have continuity with the rest on the same circuit.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM

How do I go about using the circuit designation number? Im not understanding why that number is there. Also, am I to assume that the first wire listed in the chart (0.5 GRA wire) is pin #1 on the connector (900)?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Administrator

The circuit number is used to identify that circuit in other connectors which is passes through.

The first number on the list is 8 which corresponds with pin 14 in the connector view.

Where this gets a bit difficult is with circuit 39 which goes through pins 7, 9, & 16. There are three circuit 39 designations and three pins that show circuit 39.

Then there is also circuit 33 which shows two designations, but only has one pin location (pin 2). This would indicate that there should be two wires coming from this pin in the connector.

I believe the circuit number suffixes (A, B, C, etc) correspond to a split out of a splice pack.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Thanks!!! Looks like where I was getting confused the most, is that this diagram does NOT match what is actually in my vehicle. I was able to do a bunch of cross referencing and verified everything I found on my own. Thanks for all the help!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Administrator

No problem!