Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Ding Ding Ding.... While driving?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Starting Member
buzzingthetower@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default Ding Ding Ding.... While driving?

Okay. So I was driving with a friend down to the junkyard on the south side of town, and as I was getting off the freeway, the Blazer started Dinging as if i had just turned it on.... It lasted about 15 seconds, and I haven't had any problems with security features. Wth? 2002 Chev Blazer 4x4 4 Door, 116200 miles.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:42 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

This JUST happened to me while waiting in an extremely long exit ramp with my blinker on. It would ding in line with my blinker. Turned blinker off and it stopped. Blinker back on and it didn't happen again. Either my multifunction switch, hazard switch, or flasher is bad.

As far as your situation, (and hey, possibly mine, too) a failing ignition switch could result in the truck thinking it has been turned off, but that is usually accompanied by your dash lights being lit up like when you first start it.

Unfortunately, electrical problems are the hardest to track down. I've been living with mine.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't happen to see a momentary illumination of the interior courtesy lights did you? If so, I would check the door pins/bushings for wear.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I do know that if you leave your turn signal on for a long time (not sure of how long or distance) the vehicle will give you a DING DING DING...... DING DING DING to remind you that you're one of those people driving for miles with a signal on lol.

Last edited by Rottidog; 02-17-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I do know that if you leave your turn signal on for a long time (not sure of how long or distance) the vehicle will give you a DING DING DING...... DING DING DING to remind you that you're one of theose people driving for miles with a signal on lol.
Agree completely.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Hrm, never knew that! I'll have to test it.

/threadjack