Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

do the wires exist

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Starting Member
myprixxx is on a distinguished road
Default do the wires exist

Ok I have a 98 blazer without the stock fogs. My question is, if I stil have an extra headlight switch from my old blazer withstock fogs, if I found or purchased a set of the stock blazer fog ligths is the wiring there for it? Or could I get the wiring harness for one with fogs? The easiest way I can say it is is the wire for the stock fogs still in the harness just being unused, or is the wiring missing completely?

Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Depends. Some have found them, others have not. Just have to dig in and see.

About getting them working, a quick search for "adding+fogs" returned this:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman
Depending on the year, the wiring should be there from the headlight/fog light switch to the BCM, from the BCM to the under hood fuse box and from the under hood fuse box to the fog lights (that aren't there). (Note: I may have that order wrong.) Notice I mentioned the BCM. You'll have to get the foglight program added to the BCM for the OEM switch to work. Costs somewhere around $100 and probably a trip to the dealer as they have to call GM and get a number to program in the Tech2. After that, all you should have to do is plug in the foglight bulbs (880/881) and you're good to go.

I'm adding aftermarket fog lights but I'll probably pony up the money and have the BCM programmed for factory fogs sometime, too.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Starting Member
myprixxx is on a distinguished road

exactly what i needed, thank you

Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Beginning Member
Lula Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Why not just run new wires off a toggle switch to your fogs? It will get you around to programing. You could also use a relay and turn them on with your headlights.