Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

door dinger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

ok thanks for that bit of info XGiovannix

Old 12-17-2012, 04:41 PM

trying to get the dinger working again... was changing bulbs to leds in my door control panels last week..One of the leds was backwards so I went to take led back out and like a dumbass had engine running..Touched the screw driver to the back of led bulb and it sparked...door control lights went all out,ashtray out and door dinger no longer works now..All worked before my stupidity...

Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

im kinda stumped on the dinger....but as far as the window controls; which is what i assume that you are talking about; have you checked the dimmer next to the head lights... i do believe that the **** or wheel control that. could have burnt it up when you shorted then light, but that seems doubtful.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM

yeah that dimmer wheel next to the light controls the dash cluster on mine and all dash lights are working great...door controls all work ..just all the lights went out on them...

Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 PM

did you happen to check the light in the back of the door controls??? you could have blown it out. its tiny. i will have a pic up in a sec....gotta update some bs. anyway, to get the light out you need a small flat head screw driver and i used a bent pic to get mine out. its on the back side of the controls. just lift the front of the bezel closer to the dash and then slide the whole thing toward the windshield and it be free to flip over. its dead center on the back. mine has a little blue base and it says 12v on it really small.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:50 PM

heres that pic. had to wait for the computer to restart after updates!!

door dinger?-control-light.jpg

the blue thing on the right is what was over the light. i guess to get rid of hot spots or something. but you can peel it off with a finger nail and take a look at the filament, which is really small.. but then you can see if the light is burned out or not.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Thanks Twip but you may not have read the part I mentioned I was changing out my bulbs for led`s in the controls...I had already passed that stage.. I now have the problem solved I found the fuse that controls those lights it was blown..It was the #5 fuse..For some reason my owners manual doesnt have a mention on what fuse controls the ash tray or the door controls..The fuse looked fine but after hooking up a multimeter ( thanks XGiovannix) it showed no power..then I noticed a very fine line break in that fuse.. Thanks everyone for the help..I just have to hit a store for extra fuses in the morning and Im sure all will be good now I hope.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Glad ya got it fixed man.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by 420Blazin4X4
Thanks Twip but you may not have read the part I mentioned I was changing out my bulbs for led`s in the controls...
i didnt know that they made leds for that. could you be nice enough to put a pic?? please?! i guess i must have mis-read it. i thought that you were changing dome lights and the lower foot well lights...my bad. glad to hear that you got it fixed. how about that door dinger though?

Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 PM

Check out Thogerts build page for the sizes of leds for changing out almost all the bulbs in your interior at https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...e6/#post492539 you can get the led`s from superbrightleds.com I will be posting pictures on my build in the next week as soon as I finnish switching the rest out..I just need to switch in a few more in my 4x4 switch, my rear defroster and a few more in my drivers door... Also installing my painted dash bezel and under dash piece..

Quick Reply: door dinger?