Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Electrical problems in driver's door

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Lbrooks is on a distinguished road
Default Electrical problems in driver's door

My 1999 Blazer has electrical problems in the driver's side door. The window will work fine sometimes and sometimes it will only go up a little, but if I wait a few minutes it'll go up a little more, and so on until it's up all the way. The radio speaker in the door is "fuzzy" also, and the door will lock with the key fob but the actual lock will not engage. A while back the door started sagging and my wife would slam the door very hard to get it shut. I replaced the bushings and now it shuts fline, but the electrical problems drive me crazy. The speaker in the rear driver's side door doesn't work at all. Could she have knocked something loose or broken something?

Old 05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Are they the OEM speakers? Is the sound system OEM? Before you go replacing the window motor, check the connection. It could be loose or corroded. Check the wire passage through the door jamb, as well - it's possible they got pinched there at some point. Finally, inspect the switch.
I'm a little doubtful it's your wife's doing. GM hasn't had the highest if success rates with their power windows, and speakers go out sometimes. I'll leave it to someone else to cover the door lock.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:19 PM
keepitdirty is on a distinguished road
Default electric window?

Probably. Had same problem with window, and door sag, not with speakers. Replaced window motor, it is side specific. this was very tricky, required two people, vice grips, eye protection, if you have never done this, try to find some one who has. I was able to do it, but think I was lucky. The problem could be window operator control. I questioned mine when doing this repair. Seemed kind flimsy. If I remember right I was able to jump switch out some how, and motor still acted funny. If you do attempt doing this be extremely careful , I remember inside of that door, it was like a big pair of scissors. I used a rebuilt ,was a lot cheaper, but I have heard of them not being reliable.:icon _wheel: