Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

factory fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Beginning Member
cali bear 87 is on a distinguished road
Default factory fog light switch

So I have a 2000 blazer w/o factory fog lights but I bought the lights and switch I currently have them wired to another switch my question how can I make the factory switch work without the factory wires?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:35 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

post a pic of the back side of your switch. in theory you can you just need to eather put some ends for you wire that will fit the prongs on the switch. (if it has prongs like the headlight switch) and just make sure you have them wired so when the switch is off your lights are off..i dont see any real reason you cant do it

Old 07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Actually, even if you have (or found at a junkyard) the wiring, you would have to have your computer re-flashed so it can recognize that you have the fog lights avalible. It's easier to just use a regular switch and wire it yourself.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member

Sw
Originally Posted by Thogert
Actually, even if you have (or found at a junkyard) the wiring, you would have to have your computer re-flashed so it can recognize that you have the fog lights avalible. It's easier to just use a regular switch and wire it yourself.
I don't care for factory wires I already have my lights working with a different switch I just don't like how it look to me it looks messy I like clean looks I actually bought the lights and switch new for $50

Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 247monster
post a pic of the back side of your switch. in theory you can you just need to eather put some ends for you wire that will fit the prongs on the switch. (if it has prongs like the headlight switch) and just make sure you have them wired so when the switch is off your lights are off..i dont see any real reason you cant do it
I have factory plug like all blazers but I just want cut them and connect I just need to find out which wire is which

Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Ditto to having to have your computer flashed.

I was going to do the same thing, I even bought the factory fog switch, but then I discover that it would be a huge pain to do.

Even if you're willing to wire it up and get the computer flashed, chances are the dealership would have no idea what you're trying to do. If they do, they'll probably charge some decent coin.