Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Aftermarket fog lamps with factory switch.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aftermarket fog lamps with factory switch.

Hello guys, I had bought a while ago a factory fog lamp switch along with the harness for it from GM. The switch alone was about $40.00 and the harness was about the same price. I am planning on having PIAA's installed with this switch, but the problem is that neither the switch nor the harnesshave wiring instructions. The harness has 5 wires. They are labeled A, B, C, D, and E. Do any of you guys know exactly how to wire these, and what each wire is for?

A friend of mine had told me thatalthough the truck didn't come with factory fog lamps, the harness for the fog lamps should still be hidden underneath the dash somewhere in my truck. Is this true? I don't think I have ever seen wireszip-tiedinside my dash that look like theycould be for fog lamps. What do you guys think?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Aftermarket fog lamps with factory switch.

It is possible that they are there. I know on mine the wires are there on the dash side (I dont have the actual switch but when I pull the headlight control panel out the wires are plugged into a holder right where the factory switch would go). So maybe that is where yours are. I unfortuantely dont have the other end of the wires so I will just be running my own wires for my fog lights.