Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

halos and the law...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Blue thunder 2000 is on a distinguished road

I know that outside neons are a no go. thats why I plan on putting them inside
but tomorrow I will try and call up or find a cop while im around my work area. or ill just wait till school on monday. my college has its own police force(rather then campus security). so ill ask the cops then.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:11 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
There are cars that come from the factory with halos, so I doubt they are illegal. .
thats...not totally true...lol (not to try and call you out just to clearify)

car that come factory with things like halos and stuff can be legal for that car BUT not for another.

the only reason i say this is becuse i ran into this issue when i piped my 1980 buick ...i only had flowmasters on with no cats (car never had cats from the factory) BUT i got stopped once and the cop actully crawled and looked under my car saw i had no cats and gave me a ticket. i tryed to fight it but becuse i didnt leave it stock i have to abide by the new rules ...so i had to put cats one (or quiter mufflers and cheat lol shssss )

ive ran into a simular problem with my HIDs new cars come factory with HIDs and are legal but becuse mine arnt stock (and i have stock housings, i know i need progectors but ..they dont have any) its not legal becuse your headlights legaly cant be "any color other then yellow or white"
but this is in MN

Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Big, are you still talking about the halos? Because if you are I want a set that are that bright that offend people! Sounds more to me that a person has put HID's in a non HID headlight housing & the glare is (rightfully) outragious & pissing people off.
no clue what hes got. i know they are the bluish ones, but yeah the headlights look stock

Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM

well that being said would headlights look better black or crystal? i know several websites have the same headlight with a crystal option and a black option

Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

What ever you like. Some people don't like the black & like clears better etc etc .

Old 09-23-2012, 06:04 PM

i really want to black it all out really. i wonder if some junkyards nearby could have some blazers with parts like this.. never know!

Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 247monster
thats...not totally true...lol (not to try and call you out just to clearify)

car that come factory with things like halos and stuff can be legal for that car BUT not for another.

the only reason i say this is becuse i ran into this issue when i piped my 1980 buick ...i only had flowmasters on with no cats (car never had cats from the factory) BUT i got stopped once and the cop actully crawled and looked under my car saw i had no cats and gave me a ticket. i tryed to fight it but becuse i didnt leave it stock i have to abide by the new rules ...so i had to put cats one (or quiter mufflers and cheat lol shssss )

ive ran into a simular problem with my HIDs new cars come factory with HIDs and are legal but becuse mine arnt stock (and i have stock housings, i know i need progectors but ..they dont have any) its not legal becuse your headlights legaly cant be "any color other then yellow or white"
but this is in MN
That is interesting, I am also from MN, and my buddy has a 98 s10 with HID's and Halos, and has never been messed with, did not come stock with them. I have LED tail lights and reverse lights, did not come stock with them obviously, have never been messed with.
if they are properly installed and not effecting peoples vision, IE, HID's in projector housings and not housings made for halogen lights, they are legal. But to a certain color temp. I think max legal is 6000k or so, because they are pure white (if you get a good brand HID) anything after that is when they start to turn blue/purple/pink, and that is when you will run into problems.