Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Haunted direction relais.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Mister G is on a distinguished road
Default Haunted direction relais.

About 2 years ago the flasher unit started to develop a mind of its own once the ignition is on.
It will tick away sometimes nonstop for hours - and sometimes it will stop.
It does not actuate any of the signal light bulbs unless I actually move the leaver to left or right turn, or swith on the emergency flasher.
everything works normal except that really anoying ticking all the time.
Anybody with the same problem out there that was able to solve it?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 AM
big block bob is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem the relay somewhere in the dash by the glove box jsut keeps clicking, the only way to stop it is apply the brake.
Anyone .... this is very anoying.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Have either of you tried replacing the flasher?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Common problem (as a search would tell you). Both of you have a problem within the multifunction switch. You can try simply replacing the hazard switch (how-to can be found in the Tech Article (DIY) Index link in my signature). If that <$20 fix doesn't work, then you can either try complete disassembly of the multifunction switch or replacement (replacement also covered in the Tech Article section).

Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

it might go away in warmer weather. mine does

Old 02-02-2011, 09:57 PM
big block bob is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Common problem (as a search would tell you). Both of you have a problem within the multifunction switch. You can try simply replacing the hazard switch (how-to can be found in the Tech Article (DIY) Index link in my signature). If that <$20 fix doesn't work, then you can either try complete disassembly of the multifunction switch or replacement (replacement also covered in the Tech Article section).
Thanks for the info and link.
One question, and hope it's not too stupid, if the hazard switch & multifunction switch is near the steering column why is the clicking noise I am getting comming from behind my glove box?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Because that is where the flasher itself is.