Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Heater core...check, dash problems many 04 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 09:39 PM
kschme is on a distinguished road
Default Heater core...check, dash problems many 04 blazer

Recently put in a new heater core....that works just fine but now i have the following problems:
Dome light will not come on when I turn the switch on

Headlights will not come on when I manually turn them on...only the marker lights

Radio will not turn off when the key is out of the ignition and door is open...im luck everything turns off after 5 min...(thank god its somewhat stupid proof)

rear hatch button don't work on dash

now the hvac controls don't work... i'm sure I knock off a vacuum line somewhere or something considering I to get to all that stuff... air only comes out of the main vents on any setting..,

could use some help or some ideas here....I might come up with some of my own solutions later...i'm just tired right now and can't seem to come up with anything right now.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly a missed ground?

Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Starting Member
blazerpower is on a distinguished road

are you sure you plugged everything in good and that you didnt pinch any wires when you put the dash back in?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM

a missed ground sounds more likely....but i don't remember removing any....as far as pinched wires, could be possible but those wire harness are taped to the dash and don't give a whole lot of slack. I will be getting back into the dash this weekend to fix my vacuum lines and will be triple checking everything. I was pondering a couple of ideas,

1. Maybe a bent pin on a connector
2. Maybe something got knocked loose in the ignition wiring

hopefully when i tear back into it this weekend and redo all the connections it works right, as far as any grounds, any in the dash area to your knowledge? or on the passenger side fender. I will have to do some more research.

Thanks for the input

Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Default weekend update

tore back into the dash and found my missed vacuum line, that was easy

power not turning off...not fixed yet but i know the problem as of about an hour ago...the door switch. Passenger side door opening will turn off everything but the driver, no. Don't know what the problem is yet i checked the connection which i did not disconnect originally and have pressed the button in by hand all the way and still nothing.

dome light switch still not working connection seemed good to me, dimmer works on the dash but when you click it all the way up...nothing.

rear hatch button still don't work on the dash and the connection is good...dont know yet where i go from here.