Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Hello everyone!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Daynay is on a distinguished road
Red face Hello everyone!!!!

Hello everyone!
I have came to this wonderful site to find help for my 1999 Chevy Blazer. I am 22 from Fort Worth, TX and I know nothing about SUVs. I NEED HELP!! My Chevy Blazer won't hold a charge when sitting over night and it won't turn over, even after the fuel pump has been changed. I'm hoping I can find ways to solve my problem here without spending thousands at a shop!

Thank you in advanced!

Old 05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

Frist off Welcome to Blazer forums
SUV's are pretty much the same as cars but with 4x4 and leg room in the back for drive-in movies

Some deeper details are needed otherwise you will have people telling you to change the battery

It doesnt hold a charge? you mean the battery after you charge it overnight with a car charger? Lights come on but it just clicks when you turn the key? Does it sound like it the motor is turnning but doesnt start?

#1 Check all the connections, Are they tight? Clean? Make sure you look at both ends

#2 Have the Battery Tested at a local Auto parts store near you (pep boys auto zone etc ) I'm not sure of the stores in the USA

Battery is good ? Start looking at the alternator ..Remember the Battery starts the truck the Alternator recharges the battery Your truck runs off the Alternator as your running the engine at the same time it charges the battery ether one can cause your truck to not start

Still have issues Look at ground wires for rust and dirt
Other ideas Fuel filter, Recheck the new fuel pump to when you started having the issues (did it start happening before or after the no start problem)
Do you get engine light come on?

Hope it helps

Old 05-07-2016, 10:38 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

make sure the vanity lights in the visors go off.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Daynay is on a distinguished road

Thank you both!
I had the battery replaced with a new one because the old one had a dead cell but that one was also new. I had the fuel filter replaced with a new one. The starter was also replaced with a used one as well as as the fuel pump (used). When i hooked the battery up I noticed that inside the truck someoe fore me put in a 6 disc cd changer n it was the only thing that came on in the truck even when the key wasn't in the ignition. Since the used starter has been put on the truck will sound like it wants to start but won't catch.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum.

*Moved to Lighting and Electrical*

Old 05-11-2016, 03:28 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Daynay
Thank you both!
I had the battery replaced with a new one because the old one had a dead cell but that one was also new. I had the fuel filter replaced with a new one. The starter was also replaced with a used one as well as as the fuel pump (used). When i hooked the battery up I noticed that inside the truck someoe fore me put in a 6 disc cd changer n it was the only thing that came on in the truck even when the key wasn't in the ignition. Since the used starter has been put on the truck will sound like it wants to start but won't catch.
So from the "someone before me 6 CD changer" quote i take it you just got the truck

Have you drove it before hand?
Short of getting a boost from someone to try and start it (which would show if its a Battery or Alt problem)
I would look into a Fuel pressure test
< On how to do it yourself
You should be holding at 60psi and very slow bleed off
if its ok Look at the fuel injection These Engines are famous for Spider wire problems I was lucky having the last year made They were upgraded at the factory I did however change my fuel pressure regulator last year which took another hand to push down the duel tube while i bolted it down
another is check vacuum lines for disconnecting or leaks

Short of that Have a shop look at it