Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Starting Member
mep60 is on a distinguished road
Default help

just bought 2000 blazer 4x4 146k miles.fuel pump went out and replaced,no problem.the wipers only worked on hi speed and horn didnt work.took it back and guy replaced the wiper circuit board and wiper control.he also removed the airbag and replaced the horn assembly,he said someond had replaced the ignition switch so the steering wheele wont lock,i dont care about that.everything works fine now but the air bag light blinks when i start the motor and stays on.any help on what i should look for.thanks

Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 PM
MadK5blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mep60
just bought 2000 blazer 4x4 146k miles.fuel pump went out and replaced,no problem.the wipers only worked on hi speed and horn didnt work.took it back and guy replaced the wiper circuit board and wiper control.he also removed the airbag and replaced the horn assembly,he said someond had replaced the ignition switch so the steering wheele wont lock,i dont care about that.everything works fine now but the air bag light blinks when i start the motor and stays on.any help on what i should look for.thanks
There is a way to put a jumper in the air bag wiring harness to let the computer think there is still an airbag in there.
I did it a long time ago with my GMC and it worked. I will search the internet to try to find the answer, you might find it before I do.
Mike