Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

HID Projector Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Came out preaty decnt... good job...

Old 01-06-2019, 09:38 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

As promised, beam pattern shots.

APPARENTLY after I set the projectors in they sagged and the aiming of them drooped towards the outsides... Either that or the fact that I transferred over and used the adjuster hardware from the factory lights to the newly retrofitted aftermarket lights might have thrown that angle off... Maybe I'll try putting the adjusters that were on the aftermarket lights to begin with (which is what I set up the original aim with) back on and see if that helps.

But that being said, it's hard no notice while driving. I can definitely notice when nosed up to a wall or my garage door though lol. The light output is AMAZING! The distance the high beams throw out put my cheap light bars to shame lol. These are bi-xenon projectors, they function for both high and low beams, so when I throw the high beams on the projectors switch to high beams AND the LED's I have in the original high beam socket light up.

I will say that when both the headlights and fog lights have a sharp cut off beam pattern, it makes for a pretty trippy look when driving over uneven ground...

Old 01-06-2019, 03:21 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Wow, that looks so great, man! I am peanut butter and Jeally.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:29 AM

So, how easy would this be starting with eBay projectors?

​​​​​​

Old 01-18-2019, 08:34 PM

Seeing that those have the projector bowl screwed onto the back, you may not even need to pull the lens off. After removing the projector that's in them, it's just a matter of figuring out a way to mount the new projectors in their place.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:40 PM

Finished another set of Chevy lights this week for a "customer" (actually going to start making small batches and selling them locally for some side cash flow ), these for a Silverado. They came out NICE! Started out all chrome, I blacked out the internal shrouds and installed the projectors with the black shrouds. Cut up the harness on the back of the light and soldered together a custom harness setup, mounted the ballast to the back side of the light, and the light assemblies just plug in with the single factory plug and bolt on, no other wiring was needed. Made for a nice and simple bolt-on install.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 02-01-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Awesome job... I see a side business in your future... lol

Old 02-02-2019, 03:39 PM

Whoa, those came out killer!!!

I would definitely be a customer, if mine turn out $hitty.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Jeff-ery is on a distinguished road

Any chance at getting a picture of where you have your ballasts mounted? I'm about to run my harness soon, get the rotation locked in for the projectors, and get everything mounted for my H1 setup.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 PM

Honestly they're just tucked in behind the marker light that's underneath the headlights, they aren't mounted to anything lol

Quick Reply: HID Projector Retrofit