Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Hyper flash driving me insane!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road
Default Hyper flash driving me insane!!!!

I replaced my rear tail lights all with led bulbs (including reverse), and I put a load resistor on each of the 4 red lights. But I still get RANDOM hyper flash, one day they are fine the next they hyper flash.
I read about changing out the flasher modual behind the glove box with the "green clamp thing" (please excuse my technical wording, lol) with a heavy-duty flasher modual, but when I went to my local auto parts store I found a flasher modual that said heavy-duty on it and put it in and I still had hyper flash.
Did I buy the wrong one,Or am I missing something? Can someone tell me the exact part number I should be looking for? My flasher modual is a 4 pin, and this is on a 2000 gmc jimmy slt 4 door 4x4. Also my front turn signals are still the incandescent bulbs, and are not burnt out, I checked.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Mod your current flasher to eliminate the load sensing portion. The picture below shows the trace that needs to be disconnected from the chip in the flasher module:

Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

Swartlkk, your knowledge never ceases to amaze me Modding the flasher modual worked perfectly. It does flash a TAD faster than stock does, but nothing near as close to hyper-flash. I am recomending this fix to anyone who puts in led turn signals! Thanks again.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to have helped!

Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Starting Member

i made a youtube video on how to mod the flasher modual, so hopefully it can help others.