Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Identification Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 05:00 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer112 is on a distinguished road
Default Wire Connector Seeks Mate

Connector needing partner near master cylinder

Close up

Farther away
I had to install a new main body (wiring) harness on my 2004, Zr2, Blazer. The harness runs from the engine to the tailgate. The tailgate connectors showed water damage and stopped working. Working on weekends, it’s taken me two months but the end is near.

I have one wire connector missing its’ mate. In the engine compartment, there is a single pin, round, black male wire connector hanging just above and to the left of the brake master cylinder.

I was hoping someone could help with what plugs into this?

I attached photos.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Blazer112; 06-02-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

connector for under-hood lamp?

Old 06-01-2019, 01:20 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Christine is right again!

Old 06-01-2019, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
Christine is right again!
Whoo Hoo!

Old 06-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
Default Thank you

Thank you a thousand times over. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

What’s funny, I photographed EVERY time I made a disconnection. So, I could not figure out why I didn’t photo this one. Then, working on it today, I thought maybe my old harness did not have that connection. Well, “maybe” doesn’t work so you have set my mind at ease. In total, the new harness had approximately 34 connections and all matched with the old one except for this connection.

Now, I will start searching for the part number for that light hook up. Might as well as I was always complaining there wasn’t a light under the hood.

On the other hand, I gained a wealth of knowledge as the Blazer’s interior had to literally be stripped bare to accomplish the installation. The only part not removed were the headliner and bolts for the brake booster. So, hopefully I will be able to reciprocate with regards to answering questions.

Last edited by Blazer112; 06-01-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

@christine_208 to the rescue!

Old 06-01-2019, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by cleburne red
@christine_208 to the rescue!
That's what I do! LOL

Old 06-01-2019, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Blazer112
Thank you a thousand times over. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

What’s funny, I photographed EVERY time I made a disconnection. So, I could not figure out why I didn’t photo this one. Then, working on it today, I thought maybe my old harness did not have that connection. Well, “maybe” doesn’t work so you have set my mind at ease. In total, the new harness had approximately 34 connections and all matched with the old one except for this connection.

Now, I will start searching for the part number for that light hook up. Might as well as I was always complaining there wasn’t a light under the hood.

On the other hand, I gained a wealth of knowledge as the Blazer’s interior had to literally be stripped bare to accomplish the installation. The only part not removed were the headliner and bolts for the brake booster. So, hopefully I will be able to reciprocate with regards to answering questions.
That is what this form is about; getting help when we are stuck. I would guess that just about everyone here would be the type to take pride in being able to figure things out. However, we all get stuck now and then, especially when a repair is new to us. Ideally once repaired, we will not have to do it again so individually we seldom get to apply again lessons from those experiences unless it is through the forum.

As to your specific problem, that you did not have light to which to connect that pig-tail would explain why your normally very good system of taking pictures did not work. LOL And yes, you will be glad to have that light. Something I've thought of installing is one of those underhood lights that can be separated from its body and its leads extended so you can look around the engine compartment. Some GMs had them.

I'm sure you will be able to pay back later with lessons you have learned. :-)

Old 06-02-2019, 07:41 AM
Beginning Member

Forgot I had this photo showing the stem to the endgate hookups.

I will attach my photos when I get done. It is interesting to see your Blazer void of anything in the interior. There is a great deal going on underneath that carpet and in the heater box. This is the harness I installed.

#10 Main Body Harness; 2004 Blazer ZR2. Out of view “South” of the pink/green wires are the endgate connectors for push button open, wiper, wiper fluid, defrost, brake lights, taillights and cargo lighting. Pink/green-rear speakers, moving “up” next is power seat hook-up and air bag module (yellow). Main branch going up to left attaches to engine fuse/relay panel. Main branch right connects to various engine bay switches and ends above the right wheel well. All the “junk” in the middle branches left and right for front door controls and also attaches to the body control module, dash control module, floor shifter, ignition switch, multi-combination switch, air bags, HVAC controls to ultimately end with the toaster and blender.

Last edited by Blazer112; 06-02-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Toaster and blender, huh? Mine doesn't have that option lol

Quick Reply: Identification Help!!!!