Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

interior light problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 PM
darq is on a distinguished road
Question interior light problems

I have acquired a "93" model that has been abused. To start with all the interior lights stay on. The two lights in the underside of the rear view mirror, the foot well light, the dome light and the two top lights in the overhead console. With the exception of the glove box light.

I unplugged the connectors at the dimmer switch in the dash to start with. Same thing, lights still on.

Tomorrow I will disconnect the door jamb switches???

In addition the rear window and hatch won't open.. is there a switch in this door?

At the moment this is my most pressing problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

On the interior lights, you will basically have to go through and disconnect all of the door switches. With them all disconnected and the connectors hanging out of the holes, hopefully the lights then turn off. If they don't, that means the harness is either damaged or someone has tampered with it in which case, you need to find the location of the damage/alteration causing your problem. The switches can be tested with a multimeter set to test continuity. They should read open when compressed and closed when extended.