Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Interior lights stay on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 AM
c-mags is on a distinguished road

Have you had an intake manifold gasket job done recently? I just did mine and now my lights stay on and i can't rev over 2500 rpms.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Beginning Member
Moses is on a distinguished road

Yep, you are right both switches on the two driver side doors are now disconnected and that problem is solved. One was broken and the other was corroded where the wires attach. Radio clock still always tells me what time it is maybe that is by design?. Now gotta do some research here on the Right Front hub bearing assembly.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Starting Member
Chic_Bowdrie is on a distinguished road

What year is your Blazer? The only time my clock lights up is with key in ACC or on/run position. My weak battery won't last long that way.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Beginning Member
Moses is on a distinguished road

It a 96.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Starting Member

Strange. Mine is 96 also.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:49 AM
01TrailBlaze is on a distinguished road
Default @SoullessN

I believe it was SoullessN who said she had to slam the door to get it to shut. I had the same problem on my 2001 Blazer Trailblazer. It got so bad I had to have the hinges fixed. But to anyone having a door sagging problem, I found quick and easy fix for $20. After a lot of googling I found a site called shimeze where you get these inserts that fix the door. You can even watch an install video on YouTube. It is beyond easy. But if your door gets too fargone you can't use the shimezes. Sounds like your door could use just a shimeze. Thanks for this post though, I have the same dome light problem. My door sagged and I had to shut it hard, then the bushings broke apart. Then the locking mechanism broke. It was a mess and ended up being a $200 fix. SO be careful and if you can get the shimeze. Trust me, don't let the sagging door go to long. I have to fix the locking mechanism now and possibly the sensor or something to make my dome light work properly....

Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM
01TrailBlaze is on a distinguished road

Slamming the door Soulless made my truck way worse. Then lots of other things stgarted breaking. You don't have to replace the hinges at all. I found a $20 fix online that works. You can watch a video on YouTube [
]. I let mine go too long then it became a $200 fix just to correct the hinges. http://shimeze.com/ You might find your luck here. I hope this helps. I'd hate to see other people have more break for not knowing this. I swear by it now. We're going to use these on my other blazer, a 1999 2door 2wd.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Starting Member

01TrailBlaze,

I think this video would be useful under a special thread for known specific problems like this. Fortunately for me, I am subscribed to this thread and coincidentally I have a door just like this I need to fix.

My door sags because bushings/grommets (?) on the hinge have broken off. Was this the reason your door was sagging?

Last edited by Chic_Bowdrie; 03-08-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: First draft didn't make sense
Old 04-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Jds
Starting Member
Jds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Pull the TBC fuse in underhood and see if they go out. Possibly tell us if the BCM is holding them on.
i know this is an old thread but what’s the tbc fuse do. My dome lights won’t go off in my 01 2 door ls blazer. I put a new door jamb switch in and new headlight switch and nothing. When I had the door panel off I could get the Dome lights to go off for a bit but once the panel was back on now they stay on. I Seen this thread looking through google and joined so I could see if there is anything else that might cause my lights to go off. I don’t have any keyless entry but power locks. I pulled the tbc fuse and the lights go out.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:16 AM
Beginning Member
my old blazer is on a distinguished road

I've had mysterious lights staying on too. The fix was the diode in the alternator was bad, lets current bleed thru.

Quick Reply: Interior lights stay on all the time