Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

I've got 2 problems. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Beginning Member
Fosse is on a distinguished road
Default I've got 2 problems. Please help

So i just bought a 97 Blazer LT 4x4. I knew going into it that the drivers window only rolls down about 3 inches. Not that big of a deal for me right now but would like to fix it sometime soon. Another thing is, the windshield wipers do not work all the time. Sometimes they do and the drivers one does not go all the way. Any help with either of these issues would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Starting Member
jaked up is on a distinguished road

it sounds like the motors are going wipers do not work all the time and just act werid when the motor is dieing and the window is def the motor

wiper motor Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Replacement Front Wiper Motor - OE replacement

window motor Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - A1 Cardone Front Or Rear, Driver Side Window Motor - OE replacement

those should fit

Old 09-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the links. I'll try out the wiper motors for sure. Although I do not think its the motor for the window. After the window goes down it still makes a noise like it is trying to go down still. Any other advice for that? I havent taken the door panel off yet to see what the problem might be.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your windshield wiper problems may possibly be two separate issues. The driver side wiper not making a full pass is likely caused by a problem with the arm to drive connection. I would recommend that you remove the arm, clean out the splines on the drive with a pick, and reinstall the arm.

For the wipers not working correctly all the time, you can try this quick, easy, and practically free fix:
Fix for cold solders in the Wiper Motor

When the window stops, will it go back up? If so, you may have a regulator problem that the motor just cannot push past.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Beginning Member

yes the window goes back up without a problem. it does make the same noise when its all the way up if I hold the button down.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of noise does it make?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Beginning Member

kinda hard to explain. kinda like a buzzing noise i guess

Old 09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member

So today I took the door panel off to try and see if I could fix the window. I really don't know what I am doing, I just tinker around with stuff and sometimes I manage to fix it. Not the case today. I have no idea why the window won't go down. While holding the button I was able to still pull the window down and after it got half way down the noise starter to get louder. Still can't really explain the noise. I guess I will just buy a new motor when I have some extra money. Any idea how hard it is to replace?

As for the wipers, how do I remove the arm to clean out the splines?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Your windshield wiper problems may possibly be two separate issues. The driver side wiper not making a full pass is likely caused by a problem with the arm to drive connection. I would recommend that you remove the arm, clean out the splines on the drive with a pick, and reinstall the arm.

For the wipers not working correctly all the time, you can try this quick, easy, and practically free fix:
Fix for cold solders in the Wiper Motor

When the window stops, will it go back up? If so, you may have a regulator problem that the motor just cannot push past.
Thank you for that write up. wipers work great now. it only took me over two months to do it. Work has been hectic.