Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Keyfob stupidity, help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 11:15 AM
Beginning Member
Matthewrcarrier is on a distinguished road
Default Keyfob stupidity, help!

I have a 1999 blazer and I have to hit the unlock button on my Keyfob before it allows me to start my truck. For example I keep the key fob in my truck ill unlock my door with my key and I have to hit unlock on my Keyfob for my truck to start it's annoying. If I don't hit unlock on the Keyfob the truck won't start and it won't even crank. Is there anyway to delete this? Anybody else ever deal with this? This is my third Blazer and I've never had to do this and I can't find info on it anywhere.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Factory remote keyless entry? RPO code AU0 on the regular production option sticker inside the glove box?

I'm wondering if the VTD (vehicle theft deterrent) system is not disarming properly with the key in the door. If that is the case, it is possible that there is an issue with the door lock sensor in the door latch/lock assembly.

If the fob allows everything to work properly, I guess I would put the fob with the key and use the fob to unlock the doors. Seems like a simple compromise.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:47 AM
Beginning Member

Yes it seems to be the factory setup, and glovebox code isn't there idk if it was removed at some time or what. Keyfob works flawlessly. Key fob key chain loop is broke and won't stay on my key ring. I also go to the lake alot and if I loose my Keyfob or drop it in the water or anything I'm screwed lol. I actually keep an extra battery with the fob Inside my truck Incase the battery dies. There is also some sort of time out, I have about 30 seconds to start my vehicle after the unlock button is pressed if it's not started in that time I have to hit it again for my truck to start. Can I delete the whole Keyless entry ordeal? Or delete the theft protocol all together?

Last edited by Matthewrcarrier; 01-24-2019 at 11:51 AM. Reason: More info
Old 01-24-2019, 05:31 PM
Beginning Member

Wow finally figured it out I went to replace my ignition switch and there was a damn GPS tracker installed on this truck it must have been a company vehicle at one point yanked all that out and starts how it's supposed to.