Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Looking for a LED Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by packofqtips
i did say i have a firestorm in my first post
That you did....my bad. Sorry!

Originally Posted by wirespider01
Yep exactly what I'm looking for... My worry though is that between where the tailgate closes and where the bumper starts theres only about an inch (I measured 7/8th) of room to run a bar/strip on a plastic piece. The width/height dimension I can get on some of these Led Tailgate bars are around 3-5 inches. Might have to write or call plasmaglow to get the width. I Can't run it across the bumper, its not a straight horizontal run (Hitch Area). I'll stop in at Autozone and take a look also...

W.
They're specifically made to go into that space, so I don't see it being a problem fitting. Verno put one on his Blazer without any issues, as apparently Davtak did too.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Albeit a very expensive one.
you weren't joking when you said that Alex.

according to Plasmaglow's web site, that Firestorm is $249.95, and the Fire & Ice is $149.95.

while they do offer free shipping worldwide, and there doesn't seem to be any applicable taxes @ the check out, that's alot of freakin' money to make the tail of your truck different from the other ones around you.

still.............that Firestorm would look sweet with my Brazilian tails...........

Old 12-24-2010, 06:57 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I think that firestorm would look kinda interesting on my car :P

Old 12-24-2010, 11:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, like i said, it would killer with my Brazilian tails.

found a couple of listings for the Firestorm one. going between $145 & $160 US.

sooooooo tempting!

Old 12-26-2010, 02:26 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Old Skool - Chris - took you a full year to reply to Sisk's post! (#11) LOL

Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Old Skool - Chris - took you a full year to reply to Sisk's post! (#11) LOL
actually, it was a year & 10 days.

and i only came across this thread because of another thread that was along the same topic.

besides, how the hell are we supposed to keep the old chat topics alive?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:29 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

I never installed my firestorm. It's just sitting there in my room.....

Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting Member
closer is on a distinguished road

I know this was an old post. But I understand what the original poster was asking about fitting. I too was curious when I was shopping for one. If you read the measurements on the LED bars (if they even list measurements).... they mostly read like they need 1.5 inches clearance to mount them. I measured around 1inch between my tailgate and rear bumper. So I was afraid of it not fitting. I ended up buying a fire&ice short bar. After I unpacked it it's overall an 1-1.5 tall. But the lights themselves are only like 1/4inch tall, and stick out about a 1/2 inch. It fits great behind my gate. The lights actually look like an "L" shape from the side.
I payed around $149 for mine. Also mine are DOT legal (some are not.). also they are just as bright as my stock lights. I currently run blackout cover over my stockers w/brushguards. And I never have any complaints about not seeing my lights in the day or night.