Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Major electrical issues...please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 12:49 AM
dameonred is on a distinguished road
Default Major electrical issues...please help!!!

A few months ago, my bu lights and interior lights weren't working. However, no matter what gear I was in, including park, if I put the right rear window down, the bu lights would come on. I started replacing fuses, but nothing worked. Out of the blue a few weeks later, everything worked fine. Until tonight. I was at work and when I stepped outside during break, my bu lights were on and so was my radio. I had just enough juice to get it cranked over. No matter what gear I was in the bu lights stayed on. Also, the interior lights don't work again, there is a strange noise coming from the drivers side dash and the right rear window was open and won't close. If I pull the heated seat fuse (I don't have heated seats, so no big deal) the bu lights work as they should, but still no interior lights, the radio won't go off and the window won't shut. Am totally baffled by this. Is there any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Starting Member
Kev39kram is on a distinguished road

It sounds like you have a short somewere along the wiring harness. Any possibilty there is a rodent living in your truck?

Old 11-28-2014, 01:00 PM
dameonred is on a distinguished road

No rodents. I got the window to go up and I pulled the RAP fuse so the radio will go off with the key and hopefully the window doesn't go down on its own again. There is a short somewhere, just don't know where.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:13 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dameonred
No rodents. I got the window to go up and I pulled the RAP fuse so the radio will go off with the key and hopefully the window doesn't go down on its own again. There is a short somewhere, just don't know where.
I would say it's highly likely u have a faulty ignition switch........do yourself a search on ignition switches here, I think this will point u in the right direction