Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Need wiring diagram/help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about
Default Need wiring diagram/help

So i got my trail blazer trimmed seats today at the pick n pull, they are all nice and purty and i will post pictures in my build thread.

But i need help with the wiring. So to start with my passenger seat only has the lumbar so it only has two small power wires coming into the plug where as the new seats have full power and have one fat power wire coming in and one small so obviously i will have to run a new power wire (i think) but i have no idea where i run it to.

Second issue is my drivers seat, now it has all the same controls as the new ones (minus the memory feature) But from what i could tell it has two separate plugs going into it and the new seats have 1 big plug. and it looks like the wrecked blazer was geared for heat because all six slots on the truck plug were filled but only 5 were filled on the seat end of the plug (if that makes sense). So ill go investigate the drivers seat and see what kind of power wires i have coming in and probably repin the plug.

Luckily i cut the plugs off the wrecked blazer so i didnt have to go get new ones. So if anyone has thoughts/advice on what i should do or maybe a diagram that would be awesome. Oh and the blazer i got it from was a 2000

Heres the drivers seat plug (truck side)
Name:  tn2.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  32.6 KB

And heres the passenger seat plug (truck side)
Name:  tn.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  53.9 KB

Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

So i looked in my book of 95-2005 blazers and the "typical" wiring diagram just has power going in and ground coming out. so that tells me (i think) that all those other little wires are for other things that i dont have, like heat and the seat belt sensor which is ran differently on mine.

But what i am still confused about is that on my drivers seat i have two power wires coming in and obviously two grounds. Now what i need to figure out is are they coming from the same fuse? and if so can i just combine the two power wires at the plug? wiring isnt my strong point. But the diagram says that the power comes from one main 20 amp circuit breaker in the fuse block. so i dont see why mine would be different.

Edit: and for the passenger seat can i just run power straight to the battery with an inline 20 amp fuse?

Heres the diagram: cant quite tell but it says 20 amp.

Name:  wiringdiagram.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  20.7 KB

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 08-10-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:21 PM

Ok so i figured it out.. So ill post what i did just so people can wire 98+ seats into a 95-97.

So i called the chevy dealer and they didnt tell me anything and i looked a lot online and only found one wiring diagram for the drivers seat which is the one i posted which really doesnt say a lot besides power comes in on ONE orange line which it kind of does.

So i went back to pick n pull and peeled back the carpet on the blazer to find out how its ran. So one main power wire does run back from a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box and Y's off by the drivers seat and runs over to the passenger seat and obviously to the drivers seat. and one small orange and black wire runs to a different panel in the engine bay (which i later found out was for the lumbar) and there is also some other small wires going else ware for heat and seat belt. so i cut out the harness but the fuse box and took it home.

so on the 95-97 seats im assuming its ran the same way accept instead of one wire running to the drivers seat there is two. so i soldered the two power together then the two ground then took the power wire from the new harness and soldered it the the two wires i soldered together earlier. So now both plugs have power then i hooked the ground for the drivers seat to the two grounds i soldered together. then i grounded the passenger seat to a stud in the center console box and it all works! minus the lumbar...

So technically if you want to do it the right way you would peel up the carpet and either connect it at the fuse box or tie it into the line closer to the fuse box then take out all your old wiring for your old seats. But this way works too.

Hopefully this will help someone who wants to wire 98+ seats into their 95-97 blazer

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 08-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.